Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Fors CoRe issues - need advice

rlt9999

I bought a new Fors CoRe last week and had it out over the weekend. The unit I got doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I don't think that it is ground balancing correctly, the pinpoint depth isn't even in the ballpark, and all targets that ID as an 82 with a nice tone are rusty iron. I have a lot of experience with other detectors in the past including the Deus and the iron problem is the one that concerns me the most. When I see a target of 82 ID and the tone sounds good even when I swing over it at 90 degrees that turns out to be a rusty nail or bolt it seems that something isn't right. Any of my other machines would give a false high tone one way with a high wrap around ID and sweeping at 90 degrees the target will disappear most of the time. Not this machine.

The issue with target depth was apparent when I tried hunting a school ground that I've found a lot of shallow clad in the past. I got a target that ID at 91 and in pinpoint it showed 9cm deep but the quarter was actually right on top of the ground. The next quarter that I found also ID at 91 and pinpoint said it was 20cm deep but it was 2 inches or less in the plug.

For those that are going to ask, I was running the CoRe in D13 with all stock settings. I appreciate any input on this machine. I bought it figuring that it would be great at the iron infested sites I'm usually at but I am disappointed in the way this unit is running. I'm ready to return it for a refund.

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong forum