Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New fun with an old detector:clapping:

Cherokeefan68

I picked up a couple vintage detectors last week and finally go to play with one of them. The Tesoro Aztec with a 7 inch coil was my choice this evening. After printing the tuning instructions I struck out for the park behind where we live. Needless to say it didn't take me long to learn that this detector definately has got personality. After totally screwing up the tuning a few times (in both normal and Disc mode) I finally got a handle on it (or so I thought). I promptly pulled a coin dump of 11 clad pennies from under a swing set that i had previously missed with my quicksilver (3 to 4 inches - in the quicksilvers defense I usually run it on the lowest sensitivity). I then moved to another swing set and found a clad quarter at about the same depth right before goofing the settings up so badly I had to shut it off and start all over again. Once I got retuned I tried over by the merry go round, where i had to turn down the sensitivity a bit, and found a clad dime. This was to be the last coin i found. I spent the next hour just listening to how the Aztec reacted to the various playground equipment. The thing that struck me as funny is that I must have cleaned out the sand pits under the swings really well because i found no trash tonight. The only pull tab I found was on the surface of the grass and i saw it before I swung the detector over it to see what happened. I look forward to getting out again and learning more of the language that this detector speaks.