Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Garrett Release Coming Very Soon

John-Edmonton

Staff member
garrettt.jpg

Last edited:
It better perform better than their Apex. After all the hoopla most weren't very impressed and no one talked/talks about it like the nox, legend or deus. It's been pretty much forgotten and it hasn't been out long. I'd call that a big flop.

It better perform better than their Apex. After all the hoopla most weren't very impressed and no one talked/talks about it like the nox, legend or deus. It's been pretty much forgotten and it hasn't been out long. I'd call that a big flop.
I disagree.

I talk about the Apex often and it is exactly what the wanted it to be, an excellent MID-PRICED Detector with SMF and it handles salt water very well. Has the four selectable Single Frequencies that also work well, and it is in an excellent land-based package and light weight.

It was not intended to compete with the Equinox at about twice the retail, or the much speedier Deus II.

Less confusing adjustments than the EQ 800, and I just finished some side-by-side comparisons on natural located targets. My friends agreed, the Apex was hard to beat and usually wasn't.

Monte

I disagree.

I talk about the Apex often and it is exactly what the wanted it to be, an excellent MID-PRICED Detector with SMF and it handles salt water very well. Has the four selectable Single Frequencies that also work well, and it is in an excellent land-based package and light weight.

It was not intended to compete with the Equinox at about twice the retail, or the much speedier Deus II.

Less confusing adjustments than the EQ 800, and I just finished some side-by-side comparisons on natural located targets. My friends agreed, the Apex was hard to beat and usually wasn't.

Monte
Monte, I whole heartedly agree. I would much prefer accuracy over raw depth. I would hope for a "juiced up" Apex for Garrett's next release.

At least make it useable in Salt Water to Ten feet anyway. Otherwise. If it betters the ATX with half the weight, they might have something.

Sounds like its probably going to be more of a dedicated gold machine.

Had the occasion to hunt with two different guys that (had) Apex's and as RLOH indicated, it needs a little juicing up. Anyway, we'll see shortly what the new offering is. HH jim tn

I disagree.

Monte
IMO, if you know what program you want to run and set it up for environment (s) you hunt in, the Equinox is extremely easy to operate. Also, I’m glad you found a machine that you mesh with. That’s more then half the battle.

IMO, if you know what program you want to run and set it up for environment (s) you hunt in, the Equinox is extremely easy to operate. Also, I’m glad you found a machine that you mesh with. That’s more then half the battle.
I have a good Detectot Team I "mesh with" to include a Fisher F-75+ and F-19 Ltd., Garrett Apex, Nokta / Makro FORS Relic and Racer 2, Tesoro Bandido Ii microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX, and I now own a Minelab Equinox 800. I have two friends who understand their's well and I will use their program suggestions to get to know it, then figure out what works for me so that I can "mesh" with it.

Monte

I have a good Detectot Team I "mesh with" to include a Fisher F-75+ and F-19 Ltd., Garrett Apex, Nokta / Makro FORS Relic and Racer 2, Tesoro Bandido Ii microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX, and I now own a Minelab Equinox 800. I have two friends who understand their's well and I will use their program suggestions to get to know it, then figure out what works for me so that I can "mesh" with it.

Monte
Monte, many yrs ago I also had a silver sabre micro max the the troy s9 coil on it. I sent it back to tesoro where Rusty Henry retuned the detector to match that particular coil. That combination was absolutely fantastic, even on a salt water beach. It hunted down to the water line with no issues at all. Boy was I fullish to sell the darn thing.

Mark ( ohio )

Monte, many yrs ago I also had a silver sabre micro max the the troy s9 coil on it. I sent it back to tesoro where Rusty Henry retuned the detector to match that particular coil. That combination was absolutely fantastic, even on a salt water beach. It hunted down to the water line with no issues at all. Boy was I fullish to sell the darn thing.

Mark ( ohio )
I started using tosoroes with the Inca in July of '83. The Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX were released in Oct. of '97. I was a Dealer and ordered some in and I have constantly owned one or two of each ever since. I used to use the Troy Super 7" until Tesoro got their 6" out, which I prefer, but both are great coils.

Monte