Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New GPX user

Digger70pa

I got a GPX 4500 and used it for the first time Saturday. It was a eye opening experience. I had a friend set it up for civil war relic hunting. It's deeper than anything I've ever used. I had the factory 11" DD coil on it. I found bullets below the plow line on top of and into the clay. It came with a 15"/12" SEF coil. What are you guys thoughts about that coil? My friend was using a Ultimate 15" DD coil that day and did really well also. Thanks

The 11 inch is a great coil so is the SEF 12 X 15. I have been using the GPX detectors for about seven years now great machines. Use them at the DIV hunts each. The best thing I can say to you is go slow and when you think you are going cut that in half. The machine is good but it needs time to receive the signal. Hope that helps.

Congratulations with getting a GPX, I agree very deep for relic hunting even with the 11" DD.

I'm running a GPX 5000, very similar to yours. After experimenting with different coils, both mono and DD. Settled with the stock 11" DD and Commander 5" x 10" DD, both are great but the 11" DD is used about 90% of the time.

Weight is an important factor, anything bigger then eventually get sloppy and tuckered out.

By far my deepest detector, especially in mineralized soil. Discrimination is pretty good, extremely smooth too.

Good luck,
Paul

Yes i'm using the stock 11" DD coil now to get used to the machine.

Old California said:
Congratulations with getting a GPX, I agree very deep for relic hunting even with the 11" DD.

I'm running a GPX 5000, very similar to yours. After experimenting with different coils, both mono and DD. Settled with the stock 11" DD and Commander 5" x 10" DD, both are great but the 11" DD is used about 90% of the time.

Weight is an important factor, anything bigger then eventually get sloppy and tuckered out.

By far my deepest detector, especially in mineralized soil. Discrimination is pretty good, extremely smooth too.

Good luck,
Paul
Thanks for the info buddy. This thing is a depth monster. I have to use the harness with it or i'm done after about ten minutes. I'm going to try the 15" coil today after work. I'll post my finds later tonight. HH Tim