Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New GTI 2500

virginia digger

Received my new GTI 2500 today. Excited to have a Garrett again. Started 30 plus years ago with a Garret Fortune Hunter TR. Have had many different brands since then. Decided it was time to give Garrett a try. I have always appreciated Charles Garrett's dedication to our hobby. I believe Vaughn will carry the company forward and many exciting days are ahead. Hope to some day join in on one of the Garrett hunts !

Enjoy your GTI 2500!

Humble opinion here ... You have one of the finest detectors going anywhere. I've had a dozen units, including "top of the line" from several manufacturers (or so they say). I wouldn't trade my GTI away for anything, now that I have come to see what it does.

Suggestion: If you don't have a test garden, go ahead and toss some coins on the ground. On the surface will be OK for this test. Also toss out a couple of bottle caps, some foil, pull tabs, and some larger pieces of junk (larger than coins). As you are swinging your coil to pinpoint each target, raise and lower your coil to different heights, say from six inches to two inches or so above the target. Note how the GTI shows both the size and depth for each target.

Yep, I know it's just an "air test", but you'll see how the target sizing works. The GTI will be accurate for buried targets -- both the depth and the size.

Once you see how it works, you'll save a lot of time in the field. You'll find more time available for searching new targets, and less time wasted in "digging and wondering" what's in the hole.

You've got a great machine. Enjoy it! Let us know your experiences with it.

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Joe !
I appreciate your suggestions.

Mark

Congratulations on getting a great metal detector. Lots of fun hunting with that model. The true all metal mode is......"DEEP."

Tested the GTI yesterday in my test garden. All i can say is this is one sweet machine. The tones are crisp and I detected everything of varying depths to 12 inches (mini ball). Every target produced a clean smooth hit each time. Minus the large size of the control head, it's going to do well in Virginia.

Mark

Hi Mark,

True, the GTI 2500 is heavier than some "newer" units, mostly due to the batteries and battery compartment. Note that Garrett designed that part for "belt mounting" -- if you like, you can hook it onto your belt.

The rest of the detector is light, and the coil cord is long enough for comfortable swinging.

Anyone who's wondering how the GTI compares to other detectors, take a look at John's chart in his message, above.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Joe

Same results as me in my test garden. Not sure if you got a used on, however, does yours have the talking feature?:unsure:

I purchased a new GTI 2500. Really wanted one with talking feature but they haven't made it that way for a while.

Mark