Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Guys

Rob (IL)

I noticed new guys have joined the forum.

IMHO the V3i is the most versatile detector on the market. It can be adjusted to contend with almost any condition found at the various types of sites that will be encountered while metal detecting. However, this also means the V3i has the most adjustments of any detector and this can cause many people to be overwhelmed by the huge number of adjustments.

The V3i is an excellent out of the box detector, requiring few adjustments to have great success. Getting started can be as simple as charging the battery pack, choosing the Coin and Jewelry Program, ground balancing and starting to hunt. You would be smart to not make changes until you know why you are making them. The V3i uses very aggressive factory programs unlike the DFX. Many people will actually want to tune down the factory programs until they gain more experience. Experts have developed these programs but feel free to explore your detector to get maximum performance.

Well said Rob! Six months in and I'm just starting to "get it" Got a ways to go but understanding how easy it would be to throw in the towel like many have done. Patience is a virtue. If you stick it out you'll be rewarded.

Good tips. I just got my V3i and barely have one and a half charges on my v3i. Cold temps came too soon.

I've been interested in doing ground detecting for some time now. I'm 64, and just starting out, like to be taught by shown something, with hands on type of thing. My question is, would a White's v3i be a good dector for me to start out on? If not, any suggestions, I'm not crazy about the price, but I've been one of these people, " it only cost a nickle more to go first class", if you know what I mean.

Very nice Rob. I found out the hard way "more power" can get a person in trouble. KISS method worked best for me.