Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Headphones

Rainyday101

Just ordered a pair of Grey Ghost for my Tejon and Silver. Will have them Thursday and can't wait to try them. Anyone have any experience with these headphones on Tesoro's? How do they sound?

They are good, I settled on the grey ghost deepwoods with no volume control. I had to put a thin layer of foam liner to cut the sound back slightly but they are great now and the volume is always the same. I think this helps me learn the detectors better. Seems like when I change the volume around it just takes me a while to adjust. I assume you bought the originals, they have a good sound with the Tesoro machines. I have the killer b's also and just like the GG's better except on the Tejon. For some reason the kB's seem better on the Tejon, I keep the tone dial at the j in Tejon on mine.

I had a pair of grey ghost original and never used them with a tesoro but they worked great. My problem is I like to hear what's going on around me where I hunt. So I never used them. I bought a set of rattlers pretty much the same as grey ghosts but only the one ear muff. And the rattlers work awesome with my tejon.

Raineyday, you're gonna like them a lot if your ears ain't too big.:) They work great on Tesoro detectors.

tabman

I bought a pair of NDT,s and they did not work the connector was falty I was peeved no down time , it was down time from the get go , they gave me a new pair of regular one but i don't use them , killer bees sound better, but i use them as hearing protection when shooting my shot gun then they work pretty good , all in all they are good , and get the job done

kaolinwasher said:
I bought a pair of NDT,s and they did not work the connector was falty I was peeved no down time , it was down time from the get go , they gave me a new pair of regular one but i don't use them , killer bees sound better, but i use them as hearing protection when shooting my shot gun then they work pretty good , all in all they are good , and get the job done

Gunner you got that right.

tabman

I use the original grey ghosts with volume control on my golden uMax and love them. The volume control is essential!

tabman said:
Raineyday, you're gonna like them a lot if your ears ain't too big.:) They work great on Tesoro detectors.

tabman

According to my wife my ears aren't too big because I never listen, or so she says!

I did order the originals. Sounds like some like the killer bee's better. Either way they will be better than my cheap Garrett Clear Sound headphone that I am having problems with.

Gray Ghosts work great for me. Much better than the inexpensive phones that came with my first detector. IMHO any phones are better than none, but the Gray Ghosts sound crisper, clearer, less hollow than the inexpensive ones do.
BB

Got to try out the Grey Ghost and was pleased. They are definetely better than the cheapo's, but it still seems like a lot of money for a set of headphones.

Rainyday101 said:
Got to try out the Grey Ghost and was pleased. They are definetely better than the cheapo's, but it still seems like a lot of money for a set of headphones.

The way i look at it is a cheap set will do the job but you could miss those deep feint signals,detectors are not cheap things to buy these days very similar to a hi end stereo system but you dont use el-cheapo stereo speakers on a hi-end stereo do you,so its worth getting the best headphones that you can.

Of course its personal choice but i dont want too miss any deep feint signals that could be a very nice find.

Granted the higher end headphones are expensive for headphones. But, how many pairs do you need? You won't be replacing them often.
BB

Yeah you guys are right. All I need now is dam lucky genie that Tabman has.