Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Headphones

After-1-

I was on the modification forum reading about building headphones hoping to fine something to be able hear faint tones. There are many times that I would look at my screen and see 70-80s flash by and not hear the tone made by those numbers.I PM (duggr) and he said pick up Koss UR29--Thanks Again---They came in yesterday and now I run my volume @1/3 on my F70--more battery life,maybe---When to a spot close to home were I have picked up silver and wheat's.With dis @ 2- SL-Sen@10-Thres@ -1--3H tone and notch 20 I hear a faint sweet tone and 68-74 on the screen swinging over the spot,moving the coil maybe 1'' L-R. Pinpoint 5'' and I pull out a 1906 wheat. I always wounder were those high numbers,I can prove that some are big iron.I think that I have passed up some nice finds because I could hear them---One thing for sure,working in a machine for 40+yrs and still working,not wearing any ear protection has no helped my hearing.-------after1-------

Thanks for posting that information, I'm having the same issue with my head phones but I just thought it was normal not to hear some of those sounds especially when my confidence meter wouldn't move. My head phones are getting pretty old, I've got duck tape on one side holding them together.

Good phones are certainly a plus. I still see a few guys non and then still beeping away not using any. Lotta deepies being missed. HH jim tn

Not only is my hearing bad, so is my eye sight----the wheat is a 1910----- I picked up another wheat today 19?? 3 steak knives and 5 nails that were reading in the 80's, and I was in a old cemetery in the woods.I'm very pleased with UR29's---------after1-----------

Yes, I hunt 2 cemeteries ----1--late 1700s-1870s----The other late 1800s --present------I do not go over the grave's- walk ways only. only go maybe 2-3 times a year

I do not hunt cemetery's. If it is not illegal I feel it does not help the public view of Metal detecting in a good light. Even If I would not get caught it is a no go for me.

Any place that I hunt I have permission, and the one cemetery I carry a plastic bag and pick up trash,the grass cutting Company thanks me for this, Sounds ugly when I said hunting a cemetery, you would have to see the property that they own to understand. Some people don't like metal detecting no matter where you hunt.-----------after1-----------

I recently shelled out a 100 bucks for some grey ghost and I am happy with my purchase. There is several types of head phones out there. But if your a DIY guy then you did ok with the Koss. I have used a set of Koss for years with a adapter. I have worn the cups out so I got the Grey Ghost deep woods. Love em.

I will say one thing, you got to hunt where others have not. A cemetery is one of those places for sure. If your not a archy, looks bad even in writing hunting a cemetery. But do what you are comfortable doing. I like going right through the middle of the crowd while there is a event going on in the city parks. I do real good too. Got free tickets to the races last time I did this.

I have had EXCELLENT luck in cemeteries! I don't think most people would pay any attention to you. Your just landscape crew. Especially if I have on my orange vest.

EXCELLENT luck ? Really ? It's called DISREPECT. Plain and simple. If I ever see someone in a cemetery detecting , well the cops will be called. People bury things after people die and want to stay there for ever , not for you to dig it up and get a thrill. GS

GroundScanner said:
Go back and read all my posts real slow, and jd -Free Tickets - BTW the new to me phones are great------after1-----------
EXCELLENT luck ? Really ? It's called DISREPECT. Plain and simple. If I ever see someone in a cemetery detecting , well the cops will be called. People bury things after people die and want to stay there for ever , not for you to dig it up and get a thrill. GS

What I should have said <<< I hunt on cemetery property,one area is a sled riding hill,all the other areas are where kids and adults have gathered for years and still to this day. The closes GRAVE is at least 75-100 yards away. The Catholic Church owns quite a few acres.I said I hunt the walk ways,these go to the river overlook . I do not hunt over graves.--------after1----------

I agree. I have seen people hunting cemeteries and that kind of left a bad image to me. Some folks put wedding rings / jewelry buried on the grave and they should stay there.

The person with a shovel in the cemetery should be only the grave digger.