Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New help identifying eagle with anchor

Im not any form of an expert on Civil or Rev war items, but certainly looks US Navy to me, mabe Civil War naval? Awesome though'

That emblem has been in use from around 1850 to the 1940's. Hard to date without Any other information. Does it have a manufacturer on the back?

Like George mentioned...the backmark...if there..would speed this along. Have checked my books and although a couple are close...it does not match any that I see. There are at least a dozen that are similar to yours. The vertical neck/head, the protruding knees, the right foot on top of the anchor and the anchor design are some of the identifiers though that are not matching. Although this COULD be a good thing...typically on bottons of this type it could mean 1940's blazer button. -Kieth

I do not believe this is a button, the attachment devices seem to be part if a string of these items that formed a chain like device for decoration. Maybe. For a sword hanger or vest closure. Would like to hear what others say

Really would like to see a clear pic of the makers mark and the method of attachment. Size? Thanks for sharing this unusual find.

Here is the back of the one posted. I also found this other button too. There is no marks on back of the buttons. Looks like they were repurposed for some reason. Thanks for the help.

The new button looks like a Texas button, great find!! I do believe these were part of a decorative chain like device.