Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New here...and first time Tesoro owner

WessThompson

Hey folks. This is my first time using this forum. I normally post over at the Minelab forum since my main machine is the Minelab Explorer.

I wanted to buy myself a good backup machine, and decided to buy a brand new Tesoro Tejon. I have heard very good things about the Tejon as a relic machine. I mainly hunt old battlefields, homesteads, encampments etc...so I need a sensitive machine that will nail those tiny buttons amongst the trash. Hopefully the Tejon can provide this. I have heard very good things about the depth of the Tejon as well...and you can't beat a machine that weighs under 3 lbs and has a lifetime warranty.

Again, this will be a backup machine unless I decide it does better for me than my Explorer, although I doubt that...I wouldn't complain.

I'm wondering what my options are on coils...as I want something for great ground coverage. I have heard good things about the 10 x 12 coil...but I'm wondering if there are other options out there!? IE...coils not made by Tesoro. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyhow, I hope to be joining in on the conversation around here and sharing some finds in the near future. Happy hunting all.

Wess

Welcome to the site!

I dont know that I've ever seen an aftermarket coil designed for Tesoros! If I'm wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct me shortly. But Tesoro does offer a large variety of coils for all their detectors, and they are usually reasonably priced. Visit the Tesoro website and click on the coils tab. (or copy this.. http://www.tesoro.com/coils.html ). It looks like they have 8 available, plus another one or two that is discontinued.

J.

The 10 x 12 is a real good relic coil. You can cover a lot of ground with it, and it gives the Tejon a little more depth. That Explorer will make a great backup machine.

I certainly hope that's the case. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong just this once ;)

I'll look into the 10 x 12 coil

Thanks

Wess

Thanks very much for the welcome and the information. From what I can tell, the 10 x 12 Tesoro coil is my only option on a large coil for the Tejon. That being said, their prices seem very reasonable in comparison to other coils on the market for other machines.

Thanks

Wess

Agree you need to consider the small coil. I find more goodies in trash as trashy sites (except for dumpsters - which could still be a good place to hunt!) in relic fields are signs of heavy concentrations of past human activity.

Welcome Wess,
I had several detectors before the Tejon, I also had a Exp II long gone the only detectors in my home are now both Tejon's. I have the 10x12 widescan coil, 8.5 widescan, 5.75 and the factory 9x8 I like them in the following order 5.75, 9x8, 8.5 and last 10x12 here is why
the 5.75 I find very little depth loss and unlike most detectors the Tejon is plenty deep I dug a Shell frag at a little over 2 feet with the 5.75 coil in Georgia red clay soil. The 9x8 is also a great coil the widescan coils are good I just really like the others better, more than enough performance and much lighter. But after swinging that Exp. this unit will feel like air and you will find many more items in areas you have hunted hard with the exp.I can't tell you how much I like the 5.75 coil have found buttons an inch below nails and the unit told me good target!

Have a great day!