Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New here with a new MD ( How I did on my first day out)

MetalmanMatt

Hi all. I'm Matt . I'm new to this addiction. I bought a Tracker 4 this morning and 3 sets of batteries. Also some headphones,and a digger. I decided to go out in the yard and see what turned up. I found 21 cents and apparently the previous owner drank a lot and didn't have a trash can. I now have the largest pull top collection in my city. I went out after lunch to a tot lot and gave the tracker a real test. I found 5 clad quarters , 1 silver quarter, 33 modern cents,6 clad dimes, 1 silver dime and a chunk of aluminum the sizes of a dime. I think that it went well for the first time out. If the tracker said it was there it was. I didn't dig 1 empty hole. The kids at the tot lot should chew less gum judging by the foil wrappers I found. I think i picked a decent machine. Going to hit a few parks tomorrow. Anyone here near Ft Worth Texas? Thanks in advance for all the help you guys are going to be. Matt

Sounds like your on the right track,Welcome to the group.Just ask any question and we'll be happy to
assist. :thumbup: or browse the past postings,(lots of learnin there)

Keep doing what you are doing it sounds like it's working for you.Good luck and happy hunting. Roadking.

Great job Dig everything you will soon find the good stuff.

Great first hunt!!...Silver on a first hunt is always a motivator...WTG!!!

HH,

Keep that enthusiasm alive and you'll get many hours of enjoyment with this hobby.
welcome to this site and HAPPY HUNTING.

A very nice 1st day out M.M.M. Silver is your friend hehe. Congrats and would love to see pics. Happy dirt fishing:thumbup:

Good job metal man matt. I used to live in Ft. Worth on Meadowbrook Dr. I went to Eastern Hills elementary school and then went to Meadowbrook Jr high. You may not know where that is. I live in Wichita Falls, Tx about 150 miles north of you. I go to Dallas alot to visit my family. Plan on moving back there one of these days. I do alittle detecting in the Duncanville and Cedar Hill area in Dallas. They haven't closed them down to us yet. I always fill in my holes real good so they won't have a reason to run us off. A police officer actually asked me if I would help them find some empty pistol cartridges from a shooting in a nearby park when they saw me with my detector and I said no problem. After about 15 minutes I found 4 empty shells in some tall grass. They couldn't thank me enough. I told them we are here to help anytime and that we detectorists are good people and we pickup trash and treasure to keep our parks clean. I figured alittle brown nosing wouldn't hurt right now. Happy Hunting and take care!!!

Good for you Matt! Already got silver! Welcome to the forum! Happy hunting to ya!:bounty: