Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New HF 9" round coil

cookie58

I received the coil yesterday. Tried it in the test garden. Used Hot program and 28 frequency. Hit silver quarter quite well. But, I thought it did better at 14. Also, did well on clad quarter and nickle. Stable and steady as a heart-beat at 95 sensitive. I did the pumping ground balancing which seem to be better on the targets than the factory 90. I believe it is going to be a great coil. Someone, if you will, tell me when I might want to use another frequency. I had a G2+ and I believe the frequency was 19----something and it seem to hit bullets and buttons good. Thanks.....

Yes, Gary posted it up for us on his XP site.

XP electronic engineers have been fine tuning it before its officially released.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Hey Jerry. I will be watching for it. Will all of Gary's programs have to be re-entered along with the coils? Thanks for the info......

Yes they will, but its no trouble.

Nothing that a nice cup of coffee wont cure while re loading them.:thumbup:

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

It also improves any delay when changing frequencies using the HF coils, as was the case when using the MI-6 probe.

You can also adjust the GB expert with regards how strong ground mineral needs to be before activating the tracking.

Thats if its not a strong enough ground signal.

The Forum very knowledgeable site member "Squirrel" will be a good guy to test it out as he also has both H/F coils

Happy hunting,

Jerry.

v 4.1 should finally be here within two weeks so if you are going to reprogram maybe wait a few weeks.. this was according to Andy at boot camp this weekend

Yesterdays finds using the 9" HF coil.

I also used the Deep XY screen which is strange to me as all these years its been mainly ears only.

Having said that the screen information is accurate.

The old well worn Art Nouveau era mans Silver ring was a pleasing find.

Happy Hunting.

Jerry.

PS The coin is a William IIII farthing.

Hello Jerry. Nice. I went out today also and found a couple of .69 round balls. The reason for probably wasting all of these viewers' and your time is that I would like to tell you what happened to me this morning. I was in a hurry to leave and put the eliptical coil on. I said to myself-------you better try and pair the coil before you leave. Well, I didn't and guess what? When I got there and turned on, the head phones were not working. Turned off and on about three times more and still not working. I did sellect the coil but did not have the headphones on before I left. I have accomplished this 8-10 times before with no issues. To make a long story shorter,So, after some time had elapsed, I thought to manually sellect the coil in the headphones. This worked and I had headphones again. So, this confirms it. . When the download is available, I will be using it. This has not happened to me for some time now, but it sure was aggrevating.

I have had the same experience when loading up one of my other coils.

Sometimes the headset needs me to manually choose the correct coil number. Either 1, 2 or 3.

So simple when we are aware, but a tease to the uninitiated.:thumbup:

Happy Hunting.

Jerry.

JBM1 said:
It also improves any delay when changing frequencies using the HF coils, as was the case when using the MI-6 probe.

You can also adjust the GB expert with regards how strong ground mineral needs to be before activating the tracking.

Thats if its not a strong enough ground signal.

The Forum very knowledgeable site member "Squirrel" will be a good guy to test it out as he also has both H/F coils

Happy hunting,

Jerry.

I will wait wait for official version release, and yes I will use and test, and provide info.

Same thing here, some times when I switch from the HF to the LF Coil or when I switch from the WS4 to the WS5 headset. I will have to manually switch it in the headset.