Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New honey hole, and a sweet V nickel...

Johnny Cache

My last two hunts are at a spot I think might be really good. So many signals, I think it might be the dump from the old hotel, active around 1900. Also, countless shotgun shells and ammo remnants, which always mean old coins are there too. The only bad part is that this spot is smack dab in the middle of the 8th fairway on the golf course lol. I have exclusive permission, and I dig very carefully.

The old coin purse clasp got my heart pumping, but no coins. The brass(?) wedding band was in that purse though! The V nickel was only a few feet away, can't believe I nicked it. Also found many lead seals from the railway, a pocket watch, a jingle bell, and my first decent thimble. The little tiny ring and toy hat were from a couple nights ago.

I think this spot is gonna be good.

Some really nice finds and looks to be a great spot. That V is one of the nicer dug ones I have seen. She is a beauty. HH jim tn

It looks like its toning even though grading would call it "environmental damage"

That's the kind of site we all dream of. Wonderfull finds! :thumbup: One of them looks like a minuture hat. Possibly from an early Monopoly game?? Or am I way off base?

HH

Great looking V!

That "V" had very nice detail!

Thanks for the compliments on the "V"...

I don't think the thimble is silver, it rang up like a nickel.

The little hat, I was thinking monopoly too, although it could just be part of a toy...