Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New hunter

JWard

Hello everyone. I recently bought my daughter a F22 metal detector so we could have a fun outdoors activity during quarantine. We have taken it out a few times and have only found aluminum pull tabs. Is there any tips on where we should look or areas you all like to check. We live in north Tx. Thank you in advance.

Where ever people gather. Pull tabs are a indicator that people use the spot. School yards right now are good spots to hunt. Kids are always loosing lunch money, if they aren't yet using credit cards, and the occasionally item of jewelry. Parks are also good spots as well as yours and your neighbors yard, with their permission, for spots to hunt.

Be sure to start off by reading the detector manual. Mainly you will be hunting for coins and coin numbers on your screen reading will be the higher numbers. Throw some coins on the ground and see how each read and sound and do the same with a variety of trash items.

That F 22 is a good detector and if you can get it on a spot that has some coins, it will treat you well. Good luck to you and your daughter. HH jim tn

Can't say for sure, but if you are finding pull tabs you should be getting coins and I would say you are doing nothing wrong. My guess is you are hunting in a place were somebody is keeping the area you are hunting cleaned of coins.
Now a couple of suggestions, keep looking for new spots that you can sample for lost coins. Now this is not a forever change but one to get you started finding some coins. Increase your disc above the pull tabs that you are finding. This may get you into some better finds and keep your interest up.

You may already do this but I would suggest having a few different coins in you pocket to throw down from time to time and see how the detector acts over a good known target. You will not need to do this forever but it helps to get things started.

Once you get the hang of finding some good targets, you can start thinking about what you really want to hunt, coins, jewelry or relics.

Ron in WV

JWard, a Big Welcome to You to the Forum from Georgia. Congrat's to you and your daughter getting a detector and hunting together. Soon you will be getting a second detector. The Best of luck to the two of you.

JWard, a Big Welcome to You to the Forum from Georgia. Congrat's to you and your daughter getting a detector and hunting together. Soon you will be getting a second detector. The Best of luck to the two of you.
YEP that is how my ex & I started out, he had the detector BUT I soon had one, also! More fun swinging & digging than watching! The 3 P's Persistence, Practice & patience & more persistence with Permission hunting on others Property! God Bless & Have FUN & find those elusive treasures! Ma Betty CMD Forum

Thank you everyone for the tips and warm welcome. We have a few places in mind to try out this week. We’ll share our finds if we have any success.

All good advice, a couple other suggestions, make sure after you pull those pull tabs out of the ground you recheck the hole before you put the plug back in, sometimes they hide coins right in the same hole (Masking).
Also, keep it simple for awhile, you can get overwhelmed if you try to learn to fast.