Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Impact Software Upgrade Software V1.16 Posted on Nokta Site

Cal_Cobra

From the Impact software download page:

Software Update (03.11.2017)
Download : R2_V1.16_V1.14 (System Software V1.16 / LCD Software V1.14)
Updates Made : With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).
The new RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones will ONLY work with IMPACT Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions.
When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

IMPORTANT! If you do not have the RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones but an older version and would like to upgrade your detector with this software version, please check the WiFi channel of your detector first and make sure that it is NOT set to channel 4 or 5 but to one of the channels between 0-3 before uploading the software to your detector!

What is the new "off" position for?

hh,
Brian

Cal_Cobra said:
From the Impact software download page:

Software Update (03.11.2017)
Download : R2_V1.16_V1.14 (System Software V1.16 / LCD Software V1.14)
Updates Made : With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).
The new RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones will ONLY work with IMPACT Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions.
When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

IMPORTANT! If you do not have the RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones but an older version and would like to upgrade your detector with this software version, please check the WiFi channel of your detector first and make sure that it is NOT set to channel 4 or 5 but to one of the channels between 0-3 before uploading the software to your detector!

What is the new "off" position for?

hh,
Brian

Hello Brian. Off position is to turn the wireless connection off completely so in case you are not using wireless headphones, it saves on battery and avoids other wireless headphones to connect to your device. Hope it is clear...

In the post it stated the following:

Updates Made: With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).

[size=small]►[/size] So, other than the WiFi channels being increased and 'OFF' function added, were there any other software changes of significance, or was it only addressing the WiFi channels?

[size=small]►[/size] Both my Impacts have version 1.[size=small]14[/size] installed, and now we have a Version 1.[size=small]16[/size] available. Was there a Version 1.[size=small]15[/size] upgrade in the last several months?

[size=small]►[/size] Final question is: Is this upgrade designed to only effect the software changes mentioned WITHOUT restoring everything back to the Factory Default settings?

It takes a while to go back in and manually re-enter all the search mode programs we have saved with any software update we have done so far. If there are no other significant changes other than addressing the WiFi settings, and since everything is working great as it is, I can live without this version update if it is going to restore all settings back to a facaory defaults.

Thank you Dilek,

Monte

They should work on a software control panel for the pc that can backup and import your settings to a file

I have been saying that a portion of the battery was going to searching for a wireless device since it's first release. Bravo on finding a fix for it!

Also that you could change all your settings in the same control panel

Could not get the update to work for the life of me. Found out the USB cable sent with the detector is bad. No big deal. Have an extra from my Whistler scanner. Just an infuriating twenty minutes. Winter came early and sudden here. I hope to get out when it warms up a little and try this update out. Oh those leaves are a pain!

Pull the trigger towards you and press the down button, there are are 6 selections
00----------OFF
1 thru 5 wireless headphone channels----which are on positions.

I have not updated my impact after I was done testing...I like the way it runs now and at this time have not seen enough for me to change things. Wonder how far they will go with updates. Kind of wish notch was not linked to disc

Sven said:
Pull the trigger towards you and press the down button, there are are 6 selections
00----------OFF

Just updated and have 11 selections not 6. Have 00,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0ff
Is that what it's now supposed to be now?

Ptrevino97 said:
Sven said:
00----------OFF

Just updated and have 11 selections not 6. Have 00,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0ff

I never checked the wireless channels before, so I don't know what the options were. When I now checked per manual pull the toggle trigger and press the down button, what I posted is what I saw.
Maybe mine did not update correctly?

Just now did the update again and now shows 00-9, Off
Appears the the update I did a few days or so ago was not successful.

Hello guys... to answer your questions:

► So, other than the WiFi channels being increased and 'OFF' function added, were there any other software changes of significance, or was it only addressing the WiFi channels?
WiFi channels was the only addition in the update.

► Both my Impacts have version 1.14 installed, and now we have a Version 1.16 available. Was there a Version 1.15 upgrade in the last several months?
There was no version 1.15 ... this was the original version of this current update..however we did some changes to it after tests and decided to roll it under 1.16 to avoid any mix up internally.

► Final question is: Is this upgrade designed to only effect the software changes mentioned WITHOUT restoring everything back to the Factory Default settings?

Any updates listed on the website WILL set the device back to its factory defaults.

►Just updated and have 11 selections not 6. Have 00,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0ff
Correct!

Hope this helps guys...

I know I, and others, appreciate you attending to the questions that we had during the weekend which, I am sure, you and others at Nokta / Makro needed as you have to be a very busy company!

Service and Internet presence to match the quality and performance-built detectors you offer is very refreshing in this industry

Thanks!

Monte