Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Infinium beach tested

sws33

Got the new Infinium yesterday, put it together and played around my yard trying to get used to it. Kind of hard as I live right next to a utility pole line. I got the Infinium out to Sunset Beach this morning just as the sun was coming up. I worked the dry sand a bit before heading out into the surf. I had the 8" mono on and had no issues with falsing in the water as the waves rolled over the coil. In fact, I think the Infinium ran better in the wet stuff than the dry. I found I needed to run the discrimination at 2 to 3 in the dry sand but could go with a "0" setting in the surf. The Infinium breezed over all the black sand I could find without so much as a peep. I used to have some issues with my CZ20 over the black sand. I didn't get any deeper than knee high in the surf as it was low tide and I was able to get quite a ways out in the swim zone. All in all I'm really happy with it's performance and can't wait to go camping in the desert where I can hunt for some gold.
Today's take at the beach:
5 bobby pins
4 bottle caps
4 paper covered aluminum Gatoraide covers.
4 hot sauce packs from the local fast food joint
Ear piece for a pair of sunglasses
A full pair of Ray Ban perscription glasses ( I bet the person that lost these was bummed as the script was really strong)
An earing that I assume is junk but will check out later
Some misc wire pieces
paper clip
3 quarters
3 pennies
2 dimes
2 nickles ( one at over a foot deep)

Nothing to write home about today but I'm heading out to either Huntington Beach or Long Beach tommorow and hope to do better. I was at Sunset for 2 1/2 hours. Mostly just trying to get the hang of the new toy. Definately going to need to do somthing about the shaft. It's a little sloopy on the lower rod, not that big of a deal, but annoying. Also going to need to weld a handle onto my sand scoop as constantly bending over to dig isn't as fun as it should be.

Thanks for the detailed and informative post. Hope you will keep posting. I haven't made it to the beach with my Infinium yet. When I do, I plan to concentrate on the hi/lo tones with reduced tone in reverse disc. I can understand a dig it all approach at first. Good luck.