Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Infinium

catfish

I just received my new Infinium today and started out air testing it to begin getting familar with it. When I try the iron check feature, the machine shuts down. If I turn the Disc control back to 9 it fires back up as evidenced by the machine going through the battery check beeps. Has anyone got any ideas as what I might be doing wrong,etc.. The machine other than this seems to work fine as near as I can tell. Thanks for any help, Mike

HI Mike,
Try these checks.
Set disc to zero, Threshold to 4, Turn detector on and you should get 4 beeps if batteries are good.
Rotate threshold to freq adj and tone should go silent suddenly as you reach the freq adj position.
Return freq adj to about 7 and tone should return, Reset freq adj to 4 or just audible.
Set disc to iron check position, threshold should be still audible.
Return disc to zero, tone should be still audible.

If the thrshold goes silent and the detector shuts off as you return the disc control to zero and then sounds the 4 beeps as you rotate the disc towards the iron check position ( is that what you mean ) then you have a faulty control box.

Adrian SS

Thanks Adrian for the info, I tried your suggestions out and also talked to Garrett and it looks like it is a faulty box. My luck!! It looks like I will be using my tried and proven Sea Hunter for at least another weekend. Thanks again, Mike

catfish said:
I just received my new Infinium today and started out air testing it to begin getting familar with it. When I try the iron check feature, the machine shuts down. If I turn the Disc control back to 9 it fires back up as evidenced by the machine going through the battery check beeps. Has anyone got any ideas as what I might be doing wrong,etc.. The machine other than this seems to work fine as near as I can tell. Thanks for any help, Mike

wow! That don't sound right. M glad you have a backup. I had looked at the Sea Hunter for a bit too but I went with the Infinium.

HI Mike,
Not a good way to start out with a new Infinium, things like that put doubts in your mind.
But you can be sure when you get it back in a serviceable condition you will find out just how good the Infinium is.
I don't know how much you know about PI detectors,but if could could give one tip above all others in regards to the Infinium
It is: "Use a Slow Sweep Speed" of 1/2 and 2 feet per second. By doing this you will not miss any small gold rings or deep weak signals. If you swing the detector like it was a VLF machine then you will only be finding items around the 0 to 8 inch mark..
Cheers,
Adrian

I should have added to my comment that it is unusually for any name brand MD to screw up like that when it's brand new and that could leave a bad taste in your mouth. I know I would not be a happy camper and I would make it known for sure from who I bought it from.

Thanks for all the tips on the Infinium. I shipped it back to Garrett yesterday, they have taken care of me very well in the past and Im sure this time will be no exception. I have used Sea Hunters for many years, the older ones in my opinion were the best. The threshold on the old ones was much more stable than the newer ones, Im hoping the Infinium with ground tracking is similar in nature to the old Sea Hunters and deeper. My hunting is in rivers and lakes and many areas are infested with iron. I use the Beach Hunter ID on these and it works great although lacking the depth of the PI's. When you see a yellow light (gold, nickels, lead, aluminum) mixed in with all the red lights (iron), you can get pretty excited. One detector just doesnt do it all and I can't wait to add the Infinium to the arsenal. Thanks again for the tips, Mike