Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New kid with a x 705 on the block:wave:

DigginDoc

Hello all from the Canadian west.
Thought I would first post and say hi. I have been reading the forum on the x-terras for a while and I finally got one last week. I have a fair bit of experience with a Tesoro and I have to admit with the 705 I feel like a fish outta water. Been out about 6 hours this last few days and it is apparent I will be learning for some time to come. Tones and id numbers seem to run into each other and seems the strong signals that pinpoint are about 4 inches and I still can't zoom in on them. I realize it is a matter of time but it is quite frustrating:ranting:. I will, however keep reading and practising. A find of a gold chain and silver pendant and a small ring has made me a born again beeper after a few years of off and on. Good luck to all and HH.
Doc

Howdy Doc and welcome to the forum. Sounds like your off and:chase: With your new hotrod!

Good luck in the learning process.

Hi Diggindoc,

Congrats on the jewelry you've found already. You'll get better at learning your machine. At first i felt like it was too advanced for me, but i'm catching on and if i can pick it up, anyone can. When pinpointing, when the icon is shaped exactly like a concentric coil, that's when you're honed in on it, and it will be right dead center of the coil, like a bullseye. At first i thought the hotspot was at the back of the coil, for some reason...duh. Seems like you're off to a good start, keep it up and keep us posted.

Penny

Doc...I think you will be surprised at the short learning curve of the X-705. Cut it on, noise cancel and place it on tracking and you are off:detecting: I know of very few other detectors that are that simple right out of the box. Read FAQ your manual and the post on this forum and you will have it mastered in no time. Welcome and HH. TomB

You will get the hang of it .. just be patient. I know the 705 is a great machine and will not let you down if you will stay with it. It's funny how a little success will charge you back up when your batteries are running a little low. Glad you are back involved in the hobby and HH.

Thanks Lizard, Penny, and Tom for your nice hellos and comments. Penny...I think my problem with pinpointing may be the amount of trash around the target and I'm probably not reading the book right. I target an Id of a fair signal in the middle of numerous signals and keep the lcd reading showing of the good one/ move it away and hit PP. As soon as I put it back it shows the PP but the LCD has changed to all the ones that were there when looking. (if that makes sense) Sometimes I don't see the good target readout at all again. PP fills the ring and I don't know what the heck I'm digging. I don't think I'm too slow a learner so practise will prevail. I think I was looking for a machine that says. Hey stupid , dig here (with arrow) it's a 18 K ring size 5 1/2. 2 KT diamond! 1. 3/4 inches.:super:
Doc

Thanks Pescadore
I am back for the long term and dreamin of great treasure!:surprised:
HH to you also.
Doc

TomB said:
Doc...I think you will be surprised at the short learning curve of the X-705. Cut it on, noise cancel and place it on tracking and you are off:detecting: I know of very few other detectors that are that simple right out of the box. Read FAQ your manual and the post on this forum and you will have it mastered in no time. Welcome and HH. TomB

Thanks again Tom
I reread the tracking stuff and will try playing with that next time out. So far I have only auto ground balanced.
Doc

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the faq faq post at top of page .

Welcome on board. Canadian west, are you going to do any nugget shooting with that machine?

Jeff

TURNMASTER said:
Welcome on board. Canadian west, are you going to do any nugget shooting with that machine?

Jeff

I may in the future. I haven't gotten the coil suitable for that yet. I haven't had much to do with gold harvesting in the past. A friend got a 705 with me and his background includes panning and sluices. If I learn enough we might venture out. At our meeting tonight we had a speaker re small gold panning and mining towns in the lower area of BC.
Thanks for asking.
Thanks to all for the nice hellos.
Doc