Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New lake swim beach

Well after my beginners luck at Atlantic beach in nc this summer I really enjoy water detecting. Now we are in northern Mn and a friend suggested a swim beach to me. So after work today I ran up there and got to hunt for about an hour. The beach is only about 40 feet wide. So with only shorts and sandals I elected to parallel the beach. So I worked an area of aprox 40 feet by 5-6 feet and dug 14 quarters, 2 pennies, 2 dimes, and 2 tops to two old pabst blue ribbon beer cans the steel has longed since rusted away (deep) and 4 small fishing weights. Did not find one pop top, pull tab or bottle cap. Really weird but look forward to getting back out there and getting deeper. The quarters were all about the same distance from the shoreline but scattered from one end of the beach to the other (about 3 feet). Dates from 1965-2007. Not sure what happened there.

At least you can be almost sure no one hunted it recently. Go back an go slow...now that you got trash out of way...try upping sensitivity...and turning discrimination down to next to nothing. HH -Joe

I am running sensitivity at the 12 oclock position seems stable there. Discrim at 1. (Excalibur) The soil seems to be sand 6in deep, then clay under that. coins and weights were in the sand. the can tops were in the clay below. Coins have a patina on them so I have to imagine there are some better targets just waiting to be found there. With only an hour between work and sunset I feel there are a lot of good indications for this place. The lead weights are small (kept falling through the scoop) so I feel I was not passing up much good stuff and was only about a foot deep in the water before it got dark.

claytargethntr

I sure hope I can get back there soon. Work has got me kind of balled up right now. But I agree I think this place holds a lot of promise