Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new machine

UKman

Well i got my cz3d,and have to say it is so easy to use.The tones are GREAT,had it in salt most of the time and factory presets just to get use to it.Found a couple of old buttons and a possible lead token,and didnt have any trouble with iron.The pinpointing was spot on as usual,just like the 1236.
Wanted to ask some of you more experienced cz users,do you only dig two way signals (in mid tone).Or do you dig one way signals in mid tone as well,and i was getting a single signal at the end of most sweeps each side especially if i used enhance mode.Is this due to me not ground balancing the cz properly ??.
I will probably have a few more questions over the next few weeks,and when i sort out a camera i will put up some pics for you. UKman

End-of-swing falsing is a common problem usually caused by to much Sens. Try to keep your coil as flat as possible to the ground. I actually try to swing by twisting my waist, instead of moving my arms, to help keep my coil parallel to the ground (not that it always works).

Another thing, is to try hunting in Auto-Tune, and when you get a target, flip to 0 Disc. to ID the target. This works great in clean areas, but in really iron- or trash-laden areas, it is not the best option. False signals are much more easily identified in this mode, like RF falsing (sounds like a buzzing, staticy sound that interfers with normal targets), or the end-of-swing falsing.

HH from Allen in MI

End of swing falsing can be a couple of things. Raising of the coil due to end of swing arcing, changing speed and direction over a piece of iron or as Allen pointed out perhaps a too high sensitivity setting.

Tom

keep the coil flat over the ground. Works for me!

False signals were covered quite well by the posters..Yep improper ground balance can cause you depth and false signals. Do learn the bobbing method as its more accurate and a couple of bobs and your on your way..Most good targets gives a signal in at least two directions and shallow ones even more than that..A real deep target such as a 10 inch plus silver dime may be tough to get it to repeat so be careful on real deep targets..Of course tilted coins, ones next to junk can also not repeat. After a while you will learn the language of a CZ that will help. CZ's are user friendly to setup, but expect a learning period relative its language and good luck with your new toy....

hello ,its the same thing with my id-excel to much sensativaty?thanks paul

I noticed that if anything is notched out you can get one way hits. when you take off the notched category you can get a two way hit on the previous notched out stuff.

It may not be mis ground balanced or a sensitivity issue.

HH

Dan R.