Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new member of the compadre fan club!

Bought a new compadre 8in for all of my sand and wood chip hunting. Really like it so far it's super lite and it's just so fun and simple. I don't find my self watching the meter or hearing tones and starting to skip targets. It beeps and it's outta the ground! Quick easy fun simple. Everything detecting is supposed to be. Now I did try it on some turf and it's early yet but I still either my mxt pro or omega. Now before any one says that's not fair, I only say it because I like tones depth meter and the pp function of my other machines. But anyways for the places I bought the compadre for I very much like it and it has a forever home in my line up. It's so nice not to have to gb or fiddle with anything bam it's on and finding cool stuff! Even found a cute little ear ring wife's machine couldn't smell at all! Very happy! I say tesoro listen to your customers implement a few ideas here and there but stick the basic machines that have preformed for so many for years!

Good post, with good sentiments....it's great that you have found a detector that's good for you in the area that you want it to be. Keep having fun...the prizes will come with all your machines. HH

You are now a member of the CHURCH OF THE COMPADRE. You still have to sit in the back row and bring donuts.
The more you use it you will understand the beeps. Today I found a 10 K wedding band and some change. Also a lotof tiny foil. I hunt in all metal. Cant wait till you find gold. You will love it the more you use it. Have fun... KEN

Congrats on the machine. Soon you will master the 1 knob and then we can ease you into say...a Whites M6 perhaps, with 2 knobs.....and with time and patience one day you will be swinging a machine like the Bigboys with 4 or more knobs.......:beers:

Hey Josh hows it going ? Dang, ya still have time to sell them cows and make it to the Wells, NV outing May 19-22nd. I keep trying to get you to go. By the way everyone is invited. Most of us are staying at the Motel 6 in Wells. If ya have nothing to do, come join us. The last 2 outings have been lots of fun and some nice stuff was found.

hh
gregg

Thanks furious, it sure is nice when one can find a machine that does what you want it to do so well. Using it is a treat!

Ken congrats on the gold! I've never found gold yet but hopefully soon! I don't mind the back row outta the lime light! As far as doughnuts I don't care for them so I'd bring a whole box no worries by me! Plus by sitting in the back I'd be in position to get out to the hot spots ahead of the rest!

I don't know if im old enough for more than knob! Four knobs that's really advanced lol good to see your not poking fun at poor old whites in this post! For what I want to use my compadre for I really like it's a fun little machine. I looked down on Tesoros for a long time but I guess the jokes on me! I'm really glad I tried one!
As far as the cows just got 2 more last Friday and 5 calves in 3 day's so I guess I'm not doing so well at getting them gone! Would love to get out and hunt with you guys! I would rather ghost town hunt than civil war hunt. Anyways your going to need to get a compadre now to start filling in the voids those turkey machines leave in your arsenal! Ha take care had a cute jersey calf maybe I'll ups her out you let her run with your dog's and cruise in your keep!

Boy Howdy !!! Those Whites kool-aid drinkers, Monte and I tried the new Whites just as soon as it was out.....bad performance, I made a comment and boy did I get a reaming on the Whites forum lol... Ya I have had good luck with my Turkish machines but Josh, I am a step ahead of ya. I do own a Tesoro, a Bandido II microMax ( 4 knobs :smoke: ) but the darn thing is in "as new" condition so it hangs over the fireplace mantle as a trophy. Geez, now your expanding your herd....your never gonna get to NV.

yeah I have a 7" concentric Compadre and its brand new , and I did a bad bad thing I drilled the coil out to fit the plastic bolt :punch: cant bring myself to use it its like yours OG trophy detector :biggrin:

so the MXS is not much chop hey??

AJ

Well haven't tried the revised version. They say the software is fixed or patched. Doesn't offer a small coil so really don't have an interest in it. Ya one of these days will get the Bandido 2 umax off the wall and give it a work out.

Thanks on the MXS , maybe after some time it will be worth another look. no don't get it dirty just look at it :biggrin: that's what I do.

AJ

Hey I'm still new with my compadre bit I've noticed that already it has is place.
Sometimes I just want to go out and hunt without distracting displays and numbersand all that.
Just set the knob above iron and then when I find something turn the knob up until the sound is gone and work back down until the sound comes back to kinds of hey an idea of what it is. Unless it's iron I dog it anyway. .. I'm not to the point of understanding the subtleties of the machine yet like what it means different between a solid sound, quick sound, and crackles,but they each mean something lol, just needed now time :)
Keep us posted on your progress and I'll do the same.
Happy hunting! !