Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Metal detector

techtony

Hello everyone, I am planning to get a new detector soon and was wondering which one to get... I started MD'ing several years ago and started with Garretts. I have found some really good stuff at times and tried to increase my finds and get better detectors as my interest increased. I have kept my GTAX 550 and sold others over the years. I bought the GTI 2500 last year and have found more and deeper coins and such. I really like the imaging feature, I feel it helps prevent useless digging of trash items. I would think Garrett would put out a top model after all the years the GTI series have been out. I feel that I am leaving lots of GOOD finds in the ground when I drive off from a hunt. I look at the other forums and you can see a huge difference in the finds on a couple of different manufacture forums. If Garrett wants to keep up they need to step up and put out a GREAT NEW DETECTOR. I will get a new one soon I hope to get a new Garrett...

I agree...I also have a GTAX550, my first and only detector. I'm thinking of getting a Minelab E-Trac so I can find the deeper stuff. I like the GTAX and will never sell it, but I really want to get a higher end machine. If Garrett would put out something comparable to the E-Trac, I would definitely purchase it!

The only thing they are offering new at this time is the Ace 350 a relic detector. I agree a new high end detector is in order from Garrett seems like their content setting on the oldies with a few up grades here and there.

I agree. Its amazing what the E-trac users are finding compared to the Garrett hunters. No comparison. I have a GTI 2500 and thinking about getting a E-trac as well.

Agreed. Now go look at the comments and postings concerning the MineLab and Garrett service departments. I guess if waiting 40 working days for some MineLab technician to open up the box to see what you sent them doesn't bother you, then, by all means spend the $1500.

I don't have enough experience with my Garrett 2500, much less any of the other detector mfg's out there to answer your question. The guys that do the meteorite men show seem to prefer the Fisher 75 and Fisher Gold Bug. I saw a post somewhere and can't remember where that the Minelab would find gold deeper than Garretts. I do not know. I do know that I like my 2500 and if I ever get physically able to dig my signals or find someone to dig for me and help me out, that's what I intend to use. Hope you find a detector that you are happy with and look forward to any posts or photos. HH

Hang on Terry. I think they will pop one out later this year. I don't think the 350 will be their only offering. Just not their way of doing business.

Bill

I heard there working on a duel or multu freq machine, but just rumors so far...that would be nice. Put that with whatever they got going for a new highend machine..I'm all over that.

Alan

I really do like my Garretts. I also like my truck. But I try to get a new one every couple of years.... If I went to my dealer and he was trying to sell me a model froom the 90's I would wonder what he was thinking. Sure it is new and has never been driven but everyone wants the new models of his favorite brands. I dont want to down grade to get something new. I want the best on the market and I would like it to be a Garrett. I have never had any trouble with mine, but I feel that the technology has improved and I hope Garrett can keep their loyal costomers happy and satisfied. I dont want to sweat and work digging trash when I could sweat and work digging real treasures. LOL

Yeah I think they're tinkering with something else. Just my thoughts after field testing for them for 15 years.

Bill

I hope they hurry up! I will be having my 25th anniversary next month. It sure would be a nice gift to get....

I tell ya when the GTI 2500 came out computer chips did not even crack the 1 ghz numbers and RAM was still below 256k on averge. Since then computers now are extremely powerful and those 1 ghz chips are now in cell phones like the iPhone and the Droid. Garrett hasnt come out with anything highend since then (1999) to take adavantage of all that techno power that is availiable now...makes ya wonder.

Hopefully they ARE working on something very powerful to take Garrett into the current technology times, because other companies are pulling WAY ahead in that dept.
Look at the new Minelab GPX5000...it will pick up a .05 gram and smaller piece of gold and it is a pulse induction detector using an 18" coil. Used to be, the VLF's were the way to go with small gold, not now. Of course it is $5500 bucks...but what the hay. The Infinium compared to that is terrible. The smallest it will pick up a .6 gram nugget with the stock 10x14 DD coil, thats a pretty big nugget.

Minelab has come out with 7 PI gold machines since the Infinium came out. Garrett hasnt even updated the Infinium since it came out (2002) to keep up to even near to their peformance. Crazy! Whites already has updated their PI gold machine (TDI) and even added a PRO version of it, and both units will out perform the Infinium on small/deep gold. C'mon Garrett, I'm tired of waiting...other companies are looking good right about now.

Please Garrett ,use some of this high powered tech to give us some cool new highend machines to be competitive again with the highend detector companies.

Alan