Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Military Surplus Garrett AML-1000 Recon-Pro on ebay

Black Davy

For the lucky person who wants a deal Garrett AML-1000 Recon-Pro eBay item number: 181195575320 only $1500

They are no good for gold, Garrett even says that, The GTX is in the same case, but very different insides. Grubstake

Good info that I didn't know.

I don't know if Garrett will service those machines if they have issues. Garrett will not sell those detectors to civilians. I am not surprised that the price is coming down with the release of the ATX. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese will design and sell a cheaper version of the ATX, as it is very unique in it's design and the opportunists in China might figure that a market for cheap knockoffs could be sustainable for a short while.

Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer to be sure you are getting the real thing....new ATX's selling at clearence prices should be your first clue that someing isn't right.

Although the Recon is a good Pi it's outdated compared to the ATX, I have a Recon and seriously thinking of getting an ATX due to the sensitivity of getting smaller size targets.

The particular seller of this Recon doesn't realize $1500 is too high, A good used Recon can be found for $350-$500. Maybe 2-4 years ago $1500 would be a decent price for a Recon but since too many out there available to the pubic to get that price.

HH, Paul (Ca)

Grubstake said:
They are no good for gold, Garrett even says that, The GTX is in the same case, but very different insides. Grubstake

hmm, mine seems to hit fairly well on gold rings....I know the atx is a big step forward over the recon but I also dont believe everything I have been told... I was told the coils would not interchange but check out the part # for the 15x20"(38x50cm)coil for each machine....They both are part #2234100..........If they dont interchange, It sure seems like it would be hard to guess at which coil to send out to the customer....

ATX
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_searchcoils.aspx

RECON-PRO ( left side of last page)
http://www.dyakogroup.com/images/2.%20Recon-pro_aml-1000.pdf

I think when Garret says the coils will not interchange, they are talking about using the DD coil on the Recon-Pro.