Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW MINELAB DETECTOR

SERIC

As most of you surely know there is on the market a new unit from Minelab, the CTX 3030, waterproof up to 3 metres.
In your opinion could this be considered as a successor or improvement of the Excalibur II ??

Take a look at the CTX forum.... if it isnt they just lost a bundle in the market. There are some bells and whisles that are interesting.... but after a year once we get past the hype, price, depth, bugs.... and of course all the initial OH LOOK WHAT I FOUND then we will know. Its not THE water machine we were hoping for.

Dew

When I hunt in the water, I don't look at meters, I just dig. To me, the excal is the water machine to use. I think the price of the new machine will be enough to buy 2 excals.....HH

i'm staying with the excal in the water ..the new one is more like the explorer e-trac replacement

One of the things that makes the AT Pro such a success is that it's light and very reasonably priced. For the two reasons of it's LCD screen and being light it is just as much at home on land as in the water. The new machine is rated to 10 feet deep, so it won't replace an Xcal which is rated for diving depths. The AT Pro is also rated at 10 feet. Somebody said that wave forces while waiding can easily exceed the PSI of water pressure at 10 feet deep, and mentioned that that's part of the reason why the AT Pro was recalled for a fix...Because the seals weren't holding up to the wave pressure when waiding. That's just what I read. Haven't owned an AT Pro so I don't have any opinion on this and am just repeating what he said.

The CTX3030 is an improvement to the E-Trac with added waterproof and a whole lot more. Not a replacement for the Excalibur. In my opinion you can look at it as an all terrain updated E-Trac. Who knows it may prove to be one of the best things on the beach, fresh or salt water, only time will tell.

I have mine booked for delivery as soon as it is released and I'll find out shortly.

BCOOP

Critter..... the AT isnt a salt water machine period. Its a single freq however..... the CTX is a multi freq. I agree its a water proof replacement for the ET with the same depth according to Gordon Heritage that could be used in the shallower water hunting. Deeper.... like i said it would be like swinging a 2X4.

Dew

Of course the AT Pro won't handle salt water nearly as well as the Xcal will, but remember that there are still plenty of fresh water hunters out there hunting the great lakes, ponds, and other lakes. For those conditions it's the perfect water machine, and as said it's light enough and with it's full function LCD screen to be just as at home on land as in the water. Fairly fast machine from what I've read for guys who have a hard time keeping their sweep slow and still want to unmask stuff in iron and other junk. Very good at that from what I've read. Recovery speed is overrated IMHO, though. If you can keep your sweep slow a slow machine will still see just as well between targets.