Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Minelab GT meter, anyone know if it is the improved one?

sandman256

[size=medium]I read about the Minelab GT meter being improved for 2008, but can find no more information on it. I will get one this spring or earlier and maybe the Sun Ray inline probe also.[/size]

I know nothing about it but the only way they could "improve" (since the new one is able to be calibrated to 180 like the old Sunray meters) would be to alter the viewing angle so the damn thing would stand up where you could actually SEE it. THAT would be nice!

And maybe add a backlight...but the only place I night hunt is on the beach, and no meter is needed at the beach...so, MINELAB...just make it sit up where the operator could VIEW it a little better and I would be willing to buy another one. :rolleyes:

As a Minelab dealer I have heard nothing about a different one than they have right now which is a improved one over what they had before. Like Mike says the only way to improve on it is for it to sit higher up so it would be easier to see the numbers and maybe have like the Sun Ray did and have a chart built on it for the different numbers.

Even an angled spacer to go in between the meter and bracket would be nice.

:minelab:[size=large]Ok, I learned that Minelab does indeed have a Newly Calibrated Digital meter[/size] pn#3012=0081. List price $210.00.

I will get one as soon as I sell some gold for $$$.

Where did you come up with this?????
Mine get newly calibrated every time I turn them on.
Do you mean recently repaired???

I read about it somewhere and wondered why nobody knew about the meter. I checked with some dealers and one replied to me today that there was a new calibrated meter with a new price. I was told it is more like the SunRay but without the back light. I still wish it was slanted upward for easier viewing.

If you want one, contact Sylvania Metal Detectors, 6626 Monroe St., Sylavaina, OH. Phone 419-885-7191. Mike said he just received the new information about it from Minelab. Kellyco has them on back order for at least six months.

OK. Don't know how it would be better without a change to the viewing angle. Will be watching for it to see what is supposed to be "better".
Don't be surprised if your last post gets edited........reference to non-sponsoring dealer. We know you mean well, so don't take it personal if it happens.

HH
Art

I'm with you there. I'm currently using the GT Digisearch meter and I calibrate it to 180 on a dime. It works as good as my Sunray used to and it works as good as my Elite 550 meter re-calibrated to 180 used to...there's no difference. Without a change to the viewing angle, I don't see what could be better. I'll tell you what could REALLY be better...if Sunray brought back the DTI meters and had a DTI-IV, with a sleeker profile, same nice upright viewing angle, a backlight, and maybe make it "rainproof". I'd pay $200 for that.

maybe he is talking about the change from the 550 to 180 minelab meter.
I agree Mike, Sunray or minelab digisearch (or older model modded to 180) they all seem to perform the same, which is pretty good:cheers: