Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Minelab SDC 2300

whylee

More info http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=204672

Frankly, I had expected something more substantial in this announcement. Looks like a rush job.

Typo in the waterproof spec - "10 feet (3 feet)". Presumably the last should be 3 meters.

What the heck is MPF technology? GPX 5000 lists "MPS, DVT, SETA"

One coil (presumably only one) since the GPX 5000 lists "large coil range"

Small gold (presumably a limited set of settings/timings) since the GPX 5000 lists "many settings" and "multiple timings"

Rumor from Australia has it this will cost $3500.

Good job not competing with the GPX 5000 - not so sure about it being competitive with the ATX if the price rumor turns out to be true.

No more details for almost 8 more weeks. Sounds like it's still in late development or testing.

Classic pre-announcement to try and inhibit sales of competitor's product while your own is scrambling to get to market. Not to say it won't be great when it gets here - out in the spring or summer.

This Minelab release is rather disappointing. Minelab says more info to be released Jan 31. Why would they miss the Christmas sales season?

they are just trying to kill the garrett sales. Unless it has discrimination like the GPX it's of no use to the normal uk detectorist. Here in the UK I have used PI's for the last 8 years relic and beach and the GPX is the best so far but build quality is dire for the money.

Totally agree with lytle78 on that they want you to think before purchasing a similar unit (which is obviously the new Garrett). It probably is not even going to be released anytime soon. Be interesting to see how it's performance/price will compare. The competition benefits us all.

From what I read I do not like a non-changeable 8" coil but maybe that will change by the release date sometime mid 2014 or so.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/minelab-sdc-2300-waterproof-gold-nugget-detector.htm

Why doesn't a "Mid level" detector have a "mid level" price ??

Minelab want their cake and they want to eat it as well.......

"Mid level" is there to encourage the purchase of the GPX5000. Who wants a "mid level detector" when serious about their prospecting ?

$2500 is where the price should be and not $4000 Aussie dollars. Advertising this detector as a "mid level" is a huge marketing mistake unless it has a price to match.

Just my humble opinion.

Tony.