Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New multi frequency machine

Any word yet??
Sorry, no. I would be guessing at this point. Hoping by Thanksgiving but probably around Christmas to New Year. Just based on Dileks' hedging. I'll need a new Equinox or new unnamed Makro SFM by then. Hope it's released sooner than later.

This new SMF could be standard with an 8" or 9" round, or even the popular 9.5"'x 5.5" elliptical. Just have to wait and see.
I hope not. I want an 11 in coil . If the coil is to small its terrible for coverage and depth compared to larger coils. Also the Apex has a small thin coil and i think that machine is slow. Could be the reason for the thin coil ? so it can get between the Iron .
Might also be proof that these new multi freq machines are based on the old FBS tech instead of the Multi I.Q. of the Nox.

11 inch round coil is the way to go. Other coils can be extras .

I hope not. I want an 11 in coil . If the coil is to small its terrible for coverage and depth compared to larger coils. Also the Apex has a small thin coil and i think that machine is slow. Could be the reason for the thin coil ? so it can get between the Iron .
Might also be proof that these new multi freq machines are based on the old FBS tech instead of the Multi I.Q. of the Nox.

11 inch round coil is the way to go. Other coils can be extras .
Think Dilek already said that the 11" would be the main coil, with 1 or 2 possible smaller coils, in her last video.

Think Dilek already said that the 11" would be the main coil, with 1 or 2 possible smaller coils, in her last video.
Great . I am waiting with interest.

I have an Impact. This is a special detector. I paid less than $400 for the pro pack. The plastic on the faceplate is still on it. If you want to save major money, wait until the experts move on the the next great thing. I also have a Racer 2, same story except it $275 with just the small coil. Will this one be the one that is so good that everything will be gone if you wait?
I think the racer 2 with that small coil is one of the best setups I've ever used. They're hard to get and don't come up often.

Well, I took the leap. I sold my Equinox 600 and trying to sell an X-70. When all is finished I will just sit back and wait for this new machine to appear. I know I will miss some detecting time but it will (I hope) be worth it!!

I’d prefer standard coil either 10” round, or 8” x 11” elliptical, plus both larger and smaller options. Like BT being standard, hoping for package and build similar to Simplex even lighter would be fantastic. I love the user changeable battery especially if located under arm cuff thereby greatly improving balance. Would be amazing if fastest recovery speed exceeded that of Nox’s. No opinion on number of ID segments. Finally, at a price between $700-$800 ( keep dreaming).

Got tired of waiting so I got a Nox 600. I'm still anxiously awaiting the new machine announcement from Nokta but by the time it arrives (if it arrives in 2021), winter will have set in and the ground will be undetectable.

Got tired of waiting so I got a Nox 600. I'm still anxiously awaiting the new machine announcement from Nokta but by the time it arrives (if it arrives in 2021), winter will have set in and the ground will be undetectable.
Lots of folks in the same boat.

I hope not. I want an 11 in coil . If the coil is to small its terrible for coverage and depth compared to larger coils.
Yes, smaller coils are not the best when it comes to achieving coverage and depth. But larger size coils are terrible when it comes to working in among dense debris, building rubble, rocks and heavy brush etc. Coil choice is site dependent and also a matter of how well a detector's circuitry performs with a coil and the site challenges.

Personally, I feel too many manufactures have gone too far to the extreme in 'standard' coil size design. I'd prefer a 'standard coil to be something like a 9" round-shape or maybe an elliptical such as 5X8 or 5X9.5. Then provide smaller-sizes and larger-size coils for needed tasks.

Also the Apex has a small thin coil and i think that machine is slow. Could be the reason for the thin coil ? so it can get between the Iron .
The Viper coil is rather thin and narrow, has a 6 by 9 coil, they'll come because they designed that way to blend a standard and slightly larger coil. That's the reason for their standard Viper coil. The Viper coil works OK, but personally I think it was a waste of time becaus9e I would have supplied the Apex standard with the Ripper coil, a 5X8 DD. They have the Raider and now the Reaper coils, but I think they errerd by not producing a smaller size coil for the Apex. Hopefully they will.

I have 3 Apex units with different coils mounted, ann a I hunt in Iron and trash, but I do NOT think the Apex is a 'slow detector. I enjoy very functional response and recovery times, especially for a md-priced detector.

We've had SMF units from Fisher, White's and the BBS, FBS, and now Multi-IQ from Minelab. All work a little 'different' and the new Garrett MF has its differences as well.

The good news is that the Apex, like some of the other models, also provides Single-Frequency selection, and that's a good thing.

Knowing the very good build-quality of the Nokta / Makro devices, and that they have done well addressing the search coil options of their mid-priced and upper-end models, I am anxious to get my hands on a new SMF from them.

Monte

I totally agree with you Monte regarding standard coil sizes. Suitable standard coil sizes are 9” round, 10”x 7” and prefer 6x10 over 5 x 10 if a standard. 5” by 8” is a bit light in coverage for main coil IMO. I won’t use an 11” as main coil. I mostly seek relics so my main coil. preferences are geared to that. It would be nice if detectors could be offered with choice.

I personally don't see the advantage of a 8-9" coil...other then being a compromise between a larger or smaller coil. If one is a deep coin hunter 8-9" and in most cases even , 10" coils, will not afford one the necessary depth for deep coin hunting. And I know for a fact there some good old coins deeper then 8". And, for trashy spots, 8-10" coil sizes are to big. Personally, I would be pretty happy with a 12" coil as my stock coil and a 5-6" size for trash laden spots. And here again, I know for a fact there are many good masked coins, too. But, to each his own. HH jim tn

With standard coils, I always thought a 9" concentric (like on the X-terras, but maybe some other machines too??) was the best standard coil for general purpose coin detecting. Then you could get the 6" for better separation, and then a 10-11" round for better depth/coverage at the beach or other open areas. Smaller or semi-elliptical stock coils also have an advantage to requiring smaller cartons, so this save dealers and end users on shipping/postage costs.