Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Multi Kruzer on the way!

I have a Multi Kruzer arriving tomorrow, and wonder if anyone has some tips/advice they would share? I'm very excited about it, and hope it will help me find some more things at some pounded sites.
Seth

Here are a few things that come to mind.

1. Download the latest update to the User Manual from the Makro web site. It's at:

https://www.makrodedektor.com/dosyalar/Kruzer_Detector_User_Manual_EN.pdf

(The printed manual you get with your Kruzer might not have the latest corrections and updates.)

2. If you hunt in a trashy area (city park, etc.), the settings that give the fastest response (and therefore can let you
hear a high tone coin next to low tone junk) are Three Tone, Gain=89 (NOT 90 or higher), and
19 kHz. With a little practice, it's amazing how you can pick out coins from junk this way.

3. If the area is NOT so trashy and you want more depth, either try Three Tone with Gain
at 90 or higher (as high as conditions permit), or else try Four Tone. Probably 14 kHz will go deepest on average,
but in some cases, and for some targets, either 5 or 19 kHz might do a little better.

4. Read the manual!

GL and HH!

I will just add, don't be afraid to run the gain lower while you get used to the unit.

LISTEN to the tones. The MMK has a lot of tonal nuances in 3 and 4 tone mode. 4 tone mode takes a bit to get used to. I suggest learning/listening in 2 and 3 tone mode first. You can try GEN and DEEP modes but I would not venture into that area to start learning the unit. BEACH is cool though as I have used it on the wet salt sand here in NJ and it works well.

Make sure you ground balance and do it every so often just to keep the unit running smooth. Also, if switching frequencies to cross check a target, re-ground balance in the new frequency first. You really don't have to, but when doing so, you know the MMK is now set up to run optimal in that new frequency. Sometimes it's fun to hit a target that sounds good in lets say 19kHz, and then switch over to 5 kHz to listen to any differences or to possibly get more target info.

Repeatable good sounding high tones, without any'scratchiness' or 'harsh' type sounds are what you want to listen for while coin hunting. The ID system is good, but I don't rely on that much. I like listening. You will begin to learn in a few hours how the machine reacts to iron and misshaped (ie not round) targets.

Great feature is you can customize the tone on the target breaks, so set it up to what your ears like best.

In my testing as well as live hunts, silver/copper coins do sound the best and the unit gets the best depth on them in 5kHz mode. But as always, ground conditions dictate what to use as well as the type of trash. In heavy iron I have found 19kHz is better as it cuts down on the iron falsing and the unit can determine ferrous vs non-ferrous targets better in that frequency. But aluminium and foil get lit up much more....which if hunting for gold, is a plus.

Sturdy built unit. I like mine a lot.

My test but very limited show 5khz being deepest for sure. I don't have much time one it cause I have a box 800 and I hunt in 19khz when I'm in the field.seems like a great machine though the overload is cool and weird but feels really good and well built they do make screen cover I got one in 5 days all the way from Turkey $27 if I remember correctly

It arrived a couple hours ago, and I took it out in my yard (I live on 40 acres with immediate post civil war, civil war, and colonial relics on it). The first spot I tried I have hunted a lot with my AT Pro and V3i recently, and had found a good number of civil war relics, along with some 1890's Indian heads and V nickels. I didn't find anything there, so I moved to a spot I have found a handful of flat buttons and a piece of cut silver, mostly with the At Pro. Along the way I found a neat piece of what appears to be brass jewelry at about 8 inches deep. It sounded like it was shallow, and I was expecting a shotgun shell. A pretty nice surprise. In the flat button area I found three flat buttons in about thirty minutes, all of which the AT Pro missed. On the way back to the house I found a colt pistol bullet from the civil war as well. Mostly I used two tone and 19khz, though I checked some targets in three and four tones. Overall I'm very pleased, and can't wait to try it in some other spots!

Yeah. . . it definitely takes a few hunts to learn the tones. I would suggest 3 tone at 89 for trashy areas, and then try 3 tone at 90 in the same area. 3 tone at 89 or less can really unmask some shallower targets (down to about 5 - 6 inches) right next to trash that would have masked otherwise. In my yard I found a silver dime right next to an old pulltab that I had missed with 4 other detectors.

For Relics, I think two tone would be good as it helps you determine depth based on the loudness of the tone. There is also a reverse notch, where you can discriminate a large range and if notch is below disc it will actually sound on the notched range. Might be good for trash where you just want the lead range or nickel range.

Also, try 5Khz. It is said to be hot on deeper silver, although I have't been in a good spot to test it thoroughly, yet.

CS