Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New MXT - need smaller coil

Ga Rebel

Hello all

I need a small coil for areas that have a lot of trash. My ground has low mineralization, so I guess I don't need a small DD coil, unless the DD seperates trash better. But I have narrowed it down to two. The 4 X 6 or 5.3. Which one or what should I go with? I have the 12in that came with the 300, the 10inDD from White's. Now I need small one do I to seperate trash.
Thanks ahead for all suggestions.

Bud

I use the shooter for trashy parks, the dd seems to work better then the round. And it is a superior nugget coil. I live in a area with high mineral ground and it works good for me.

I have and use both the 4X6 shooter and the 5.3. The 4X6 is wonderful in heavy trash, but with some loss of depth and coverage. It forces you to hunt slowly and thoroughly, which is actually a good thing if you have the patience. The 5.3 is good in trash, has excellent depth for its size and reasonable ground coverage. It can serve as one's "standard" coil quite well in my opinion. I haven't used any of the Excelerator coils sold by Kellyco, but have read good reviews on them and they do offer several other similar sizes to consider.
BB

5.3 is the one you want.. Here the soil is mild and the 5.3 blows he 4x6 outta the water as far as depth.. I didn't really notice a difference as far as seperation goes.. I use the 5.3 and the Super 12 95% of the time..

I use a number of small coils for working in heavy trash. My favorites are the Excelerator 6" DD and the 4.5x7 Excelerator both work great in high mineralization and ground that is not so high in mineralization. I also have the 4x6 DD Whites, but I don't use it much. Both get good depth and pinpoint right on. Also you might check out the 5" Excelerator, which a lot of folks like to use. Good luck with your decision. HH Dennis in Idaho

It's the answer, however, that can get a little interesting. ;) maybe even a bit difficult for some.

Of the two smaller White's coils for the MXT or M6, in my personal opinion, you can NOT beat the 5.3 Eclipse. This 6

Have had very good luck with a 5" Excelerator coli from Kellyco, Great for trashy places and goes quite deep!!

I have had very good luck with the 4.5 X 7 EXcelerator, nice little coil. I have also done well with the 4 X 6 DD Eclipse shooter from Whites.........:thumbup:.... I am one that does not care for the 5.3 Eclipse. or the 9.5 coil, but alot of people like them.........:shrug: