Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New NELSharpshooter on my F75

amcoins44

I am about 4 months into learning my new F75. I like hunting the parks and schools for coins and jewelry. Yesterday, my NEL sharpshooter came in the mail, and I got to try it out this morning outside a concession stand at one of our local parks. What a difference from the 11"DD. No amazing finds, but it was like shooting fish in a barrel. I know this isn't anything new to the seasoned guys out there, but for anyone picking up the hobby and ready to invest a little in a new tool, the coil made a huge difference. Tones were crisp. It shows just how much averaging goes on under a larger coil in a busy/trashy area. I didn't have anywhere near the amount of scratchy or incomplete tones on the coins.

Should be great fun to try it out at some others sites.

The Sharpshooter is perfect coil for the F series detectors. It can hit every coin in my test bed with the perfect tones you describe.

Just may be the coil that I need for my F75. Been trying to decide between the Nel Snake, Sharpshooter, and Fisher's small ellipticals.

I hear nothing but good comments about that Sharpshooter coil!

I've got the Snake coil for my F75 and am very happy with it for the really trashy sites. I would think the Sharpshooter would be a good comprimise. I don't think you'd lose a great deal of separation compared to the Snake, and you'd definitely gain more coverage ability, and probably a bit more depth over the Snake.

The Snake on heavy trash is great, but the footprint is small. Sometimes you need that and sometimes a larger footprint, like a sharpshooter. When I run into some gold, I will get the Shapshooter. I use separate lower stems so switching coils is easy. Happy hunting.
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones
Garrett Z-Lynk

Snap On Man said:
Deadly on the T2 also. I really like the center mounted ears on the coil. The balance is perfect.

Totally agree with that statement,have used the Sharpshooter coil almost full time,if i am honest i dont think it looses anything depth wise over the stock 11'' coil,but when you use AM it is really deadly,far more reliable and accurate on TID and that is of course important when using AM mode,locks onto targets much better and i dig everything over 30 that is of course on the T2.

The Deus has long been my main everyday machine,but since using the Sharpshooter coil and AM mode then the roles have reversed and its my favourite combination again.

Where can I buy a NEL Sharpshooter for my '75 that supports Findmall. Thanks ahead of time.

I have used Big Boys Hobbies and Colonial Metal Detectors and they have been very good to work with. I am sure there are other great ones too. This Fisher F forum has helped me a lot.

i use the F70 all of the time. I usually have the Snake on it since I work cluttered grounds. When I get enough money, I think the Sharpshooter will be the next one I get.