Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW NOKTA POINTER

I am pleased to see the Nokta pinpointer be similar to the Makro physical package as the Makro device works excellent! Are the hard shell coveres interchangeable so a Makro Pointer owner can get the bright orange shells/tips for their units? Much easier to spot when accidently dropped in a grassy or brushy location.

Keep up the good work of providing for the consumers.

Monte

Monte said:
I am pleased to see the Nokta pinpointer be similar to the Makro physical package as the Makro device works excellent! Are the hard shell coveres interchangeable so a Makro Pointer owner can get the bright orange shells/tips for their units? Much easier to spot when accidently dropped in a grassy or brushy location.

Keep up the good work of providing for the consumers.

Monte

Yes they are.

Other detector makers, take note!

I like the orange. Makes it easier to find if dropped and possibly a safety factor with cops getting jumpy these days.

For the life of me I have no idea how this passed the design & into testing.

1st off-I don't need a lot of adjustments. If you want adjustability make the controls internal. And I like that it has a silent vibration only mode-bot the unit beeps incessantly turning it on/off.

Just got it & went to use it before reading the manual. Not truly intuitive & I had trouble finding even large close targets. I may try later now I know how to turn it up-but if I was at 3 default it was pathetically weak compared to the standard-a well used pro-pointer.

I'm probably sending it back just because of all the beeping. I do not care for attention when detecting-especially if I'm finding. So noisy is out. I taped over the speaker on my pro pointer & its fine. And simple on/off-no beepeded beep figure what setting yada yada-I'm just detecting -I need the maximum sensitivity and that is all.

And like I said if you want to have adjustability put a set of toggles under the battery cover. Oh-that's one thing I do like is that screw on water tight battery cover. But that's about it.

Nokta?

So if you set your pinpointer to vibration only it does not save the setting through the power off/on cycle? As for the sensitivity, the reviews I've seen show them to be better than the Propointers. Are you turning it on while it is near a metallic object? Maybe it's just a defective pointer. It happens. My Garrett lasted about a month past warranty and cost me $35 to get fixed. It still acts weird and starts randomly beeping like most people report. Or when a little pressure is applied on the tip while poking around a hole. IE none of them are perfect.

But even in 'silent " mod there are 8 beeps just turning the unit on/ off.

And "bench" testing did not get me thinking it was any improvement on my pro-pointer even at "high" setting-all confirmed by a series of beeps. I lost one pro pointer & have worn the tip off another-just was hoping for a stronger unit.

I can NOT get past all the beeping-seriously annoying. Why have a silent mode if it is only activated with a total of 8 beeps?

was by Nokta Detectors to let us know about this new pointer from Nokta, and in the USA that would be available from Kellyco.

I went to the Kellyco website, four times, and I could not find this pinpointer.

About 5 hours after the Nokta Detectors Post, You post and state you have one, and since you didn't identify it as a Makro, I presume it is a Nokta and wonder how and where you got it.

Then you put a battery in a brand new pointer and used it, or attempted to, without reading the Owner's Manual, partially identify some issues you have, and are on the Nokta Forum to complain about it. Why?

The first thing to do would be take a pause, read the manual, and make sure you know all the steps. I doubt there are many differences between the new Nokta and the Makro pinpointers, and it is not a difficult devise to use. One press of the Green button and it turns on. To turn it off you just press the other button and hold for a moment to hear 6 beeps and it's off. Once the beep session starts I let off the button and it's off.

I can hear this unit with my bad hearing and I have mine on Vibrate & Speaker when I am hunting away from people, and on Vibrate only when in crowds. Very easy to change the settings, and I would definitely NOT want to have toggles or slide switches inside the unit to tinker with.

Anyway, set it so you want it then just turn it on, use it, turn it off.

If it is giving you some beeping problems that you can not account for, the 1st thing to do would be contact the Dealer you got it from and ask them to make it right, if you just got it, with an exchange.

These things can happen from a faulty incident during shipping or a bad component or ??? It doesn't call for a Forum Post to complain, it calls for 1st a contact with the Dealer, then 2nd, if necessary, and direct contact with the manufacturer.

I have had metal detectors and search coils, received brand new at a detector factory or purchased local or by mail, that were faulty or soon had a glitch. It can happen.

Just call the dealer or Nokta and find out if it is you or the device, and go from there.

If you were looking for better depth than the Garrett, get the White's TRX. I have one and it is deeper, and is easy On and Off, but .... I now prefer my Makro Pointer and have enjoyed using it as it is still easy to use and quicker to make adjustments ... IF I WANT TO ... and had adequate depth. It does what a pinpointer should, pinpoint, and we ought to be close enough w/o using them for depth.

Just my thoughts but I think it was a bit quick to blast the manufacturer publically when you don't know the cause for a possible fault, or give them or the dealer the opportunity to correct the issue. If you still don't like it when taken care of, I'll take it on a straight trade for a practically new TRX and you'll have better depth and we'll both be happy.

Monte

You know me I'm a local.
But I'm not telling anything but my impression. Great on paper but when I used it I was appalled by the actual function. The beeps are loud & they are normal-2 beeps on, 6 beeps off.

That is for any operation mode silent or otherwise.

And a separate on/off button with a rubber membrane-well this thing is designed to be pushed into muddy holes etc so I'm doubting the longevity just from a personal opinion on what it takes to last in bad environments. I did not mention that but I'll say it now-why?

KISS is the old acronym & I'm sure you know what it stands for.

I'm returning it because I do not like the way it operates. I could get another 1" in depth & still not be able to accept the multi button beeping thing.

So-I'll say it right up front-what in the world would anyone need anything other than maximum power a unit can be reliably operated?. I would have a small potentiometer adjuster hidden to set power-done.

And a single well protected on/off switch. I converted my pro pointer to a momentary (push on release off) and I prefer that so maybe have that as an option to save the alternate buttons wear & tear.

Don't mean to piddle on pancakes here but I'm an honest detector who puts in a lot of time-and I need reliable easy to understand /operate tools. And whoever designed this has never detected in public or for other reasons in stealth mode. Not possible with this unit at all.

The VW Van/ Vintage Pellet gun guy

get too angered by my reply. It was really meant for the whole who read the forums and want to complain in a hurry. It has happened. Don't be angered.

Did you get it locally? Is it the Makro or Nokta?

Did the dealer resolve the issue? If not, let me know and I'll swap you for a TRX.

Just a thought, I might sell it or trade to get a .177 rifle I'm shopping for. :)

Monte

New Nokta Pointer Available For Preorder!
Preorder Price Only $118.95!

Click link below to view:
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/products/pinpointers/1448-npin/pointer

How about the Impact? When will it be available?

Seen it on website haven't had chance to test yet..http://static.kellycodetectors.com/images/products/nokta/productpage1/1448-npin-1f.jpg