Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"New" Old Lot...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy---

I had some business to attend to in a nearby town. That's always an opportunity to swing the coil over "New Ground". Well, I drove around in the older area looking for a lot that may be productive. I spotted a lot that I had hunted a few years ago with moderate success (a few wheat-cents and some silver). This lot had recently been scraped of at least 2 inches of overgrowth and trash. That's my kind of site! I put the 5.3 coil on my V3i and it wasn't too long before I started finding coins. That day I ended up with 2 mercs and 9 wheat-cents. It's a good size lot so I went back 2 days ago and dug some neat old marbles, some wheat-cents and a silver Roosevelt. I'll get back there next week - there HAS to be more! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

great finds.

:cheers: It's great to get into those places.... Nice finds.

Good eye! Sounds like a site worth going back to a few more times.

BTW, what was the VDI on those marbles? :rofl:

Thanks nalc472. Any time that I dig a coin older than I am, it's a good day. It's getting more and more difficult hahahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks wasp. I DO intend to go back there this week. On the marbles: I got signals between 69 and 75. I dug all of them in the same holes with wheat cents. One time, about 14 years ago, I dug a wheat cent and along the side and at the bottom of the hole I noticed marbles. I picked out 40 old Akro Agates in that hole. When I learned that some of them had $ value, I went back with a sifter and recovered another 108 period marbles in addition to a few coins, rings and military buttons that were beyond the reach of my DFX. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks johnedoe. I'll keep going back there with different coils and settings until I'm convinced that it is a waste of gas to go over there hahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel