Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Oldest Coin

jjaddict

Has been very hot and very dry here lately, but we've finally gotten a couple inches of rain over the past few days, and the temps are in the 80's. I hit up the old honey hole a couple times over the last month, could only stand 1 hour hunts, but I pulled a few goodies out, three .54 round balls, and one .38 pistol round.

Today I had the day off, so I found a city owned property in an older part of town, and hit it up. The house had been torn down and the lot was pretty trashy, could only manage a bunch of mid-60's near silvers, argh. Then I hit up the curb line on my way out and picked up a wheatie, then another, and another, so I kept at it for a bit. Then I pulled my oldest coin yet, an 1880 Indian head, woohoo! It's almost worn smooth, but if you hold it in the right light, you can make out the date. Stayed for a while trying to pull out some silver, but no dice, will have to go back.

Only silver I've gotten lately is from the bank, got three 40% kennedy halves over the past couple weeks, not as exciting as diggin it, but I love silver any way I can get it. HH!!

Just to make it clear, I didn't find the silver halves metal detecting, I picked them up from the bank. I've yet to find a half metal detecting, still on my "wish list". Headed back to the property where I found the Indian today, hopefully I can pick up something shiny!

Well, I went back to the old city owned property where I found the Indian, and I pulled a silver out, 1916s Barber dime!!! It's in really nice shape too, full liberty, will post some pictures after I get off work tonight.

Very nice finds