Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Omega First Hunt

RBnGA

Hello Everyone
Took my new Omega out for its first hunt over the weekend and I am going to like this machine. Sensitive, good depth, easy to setup and light. NO issues with EMI as I ran the detector wide open on sensitivity. Here are some pics of my finds. Nothing earthshaking but the items were found in a pasture that I had no clue had a lot of activity. Has anyone tried the 5" x 10" DD coil on this machine? By the way I ordered this machine from Bart at BB Hobbies-great deal, fast shipping!
Thanks
RB

You may have a good spot there. Some old and interesting finds it looks like. I use the 5 x 10 DD quite a bit and like it for moderate to fairly heavy trashy spots. Good luck, the Omega is a good one. HH jim tn

Thanks for the info Jim. I have been enjoying all of your find reports. This spot I have been hunting is loaded with iron. The next time I hunt it I'm going to reduce my sensitivity some in an attempt to reduce the hits on big iron using the 11" DD. Beyond that I going to try either the 5" DD or the 5x10 DD- maybe both.
RB

Give the 5 x 10 a good shot. It sees less targets then the 11 and has a tighter footprint. Then, clean up the more iron laden areas with the 5." HH jim tn

I'm going to run the lock through electrolysis over the next day or so. The button has some gold showing so I'm go into clean it to expose the gold and try to find the maker.
Thanks for the compliment.
RB