Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New orx or XP Deus lite

Bigtom123

Looking at both these machines and even tho the orx has a remote the new Deus lite has the x35 coil and the ws4 headphones are v5.2 so it has a expert menu access ..really hard decision because the Deus lite has full tones for a sifter program,,orx is 3 tone...I might trade my Etrac in on one or the other,,I guess I’m asking for some input from orx users and if anyone has a new Deus lite with 5.2 and x35 Coil what are your thoughts.
It will be used for coin shooting in parks and yards,as well as field hunting for anything cool and old..thanks

Hi,
I had a full package Deus for awhile and used it with the LF coil and HF coil mostly for gold prospecting and a little for coin/jewelry/relic hunting. It was a great prospecting detector with the HF coil. It was just OK with the same coil as a coin/jewelry/relic detector because the HF coil was not fully supported software wise and target IDs were way off and heavily up averaged into the last 10 numbers of the target ID range. No matter how much tweaking I did with all the great audio features of the Deus, I never could get it to be a really fun coin detector with the lack of ID normalization for the HF coil. I liked the Deus remote even though the display and characters were really small and hard to see for my older eyes. The WS4 puck control module was just about impossible for me to see without magnification. The LF coil worked OK in my area but could not punch very deep due to high mineralization.So, eventually I sold my Deus.

Recently bought the ORX with the same HF coil I had before. It feels, looks, sounds and acts like a Deus except for the 3 tone operation. I have had really good success with it coin and jewelry hunting since the HF coil is fully supported on the ORX and it has ID normalization. So surface to 4" deep coins read correctly and so do trash targets and jewelry. Like I said, I have really bad mineralized dirt so you guys may get deeper good target IDs. With the 11" or 13" X35 coil, ORX depth should be even better. I really like the BIG target ID display and the new BIG iron probability bar. I could see a person using the Fast and Deep programs on the ORX which are imported from the Deus for most normal coin, jewelry and relic detecting. They work for me. They will work just about anywhere and there is a salt mode for them so you can beach hunt or hunt in high mineralization. The two gold prospecting programs should also work well for beach and deep relic hunting. The only things I really miss from the Deus are the audio response settings and of course all of the incredible audio adjustments. I guess you can now do those adjustments with 5.2 software on the WS4 controller. I would need a large magnifying glass to see that display however. So far I really like the ORX and it sounds just like a Deus in 3 tone mode which is how I used my Deus with the original LF coil most of the time. Most important for me, the two gold prospecting programs have the same detecting capabilities as the Deus in my testing.

Jeff

If you are a gold prospector then the ORX seems to be the detector you should be using.
What is so wrong with having two detectors ...
The ORX for the gold field and the XP Deus for coin and jewelry hunting.
How much gold do you need to find to pay for an ORX ... how long does it take to find that much?
I dont know as I dont prospect for gold ... other than the gold in jewelry people lose at the beach.
And I CAN tell you that I do find enough to pay for more than one detector.
If I ever get to the point that I cant find enough loot at the beach to pay for my equipment then I most likely will stop doing that.
Perhaps then I would seek out gold in the wild.

jmaclen said:
Hi,
I had a full package Deus for awhile and used it with the LF coil and HF coil mostly for gold prospecting and a little for coin/jewelry/relic hunting. It was a great prospecting detector with the HF coil. It was just OK with the same coil as a coin/jewelry/relic detector because the HF coil was not fully supported software wise and target IDs were way off and heavily up averaged into the last 10 numbers of the target ID range. No matter how much tweaking I did with all the great audio features of the Deus, I never could get it to be a really fun coin detector with the lack of ID normalization for the HF coil. I liked the Deus remote even though the display and characters were really small and hard to see for my older eyes. The WS4 puck control module was just about impossible for me to see without magnification. The LF coil worked OK in my area but could not punch very deep due to high mineralization.So, eventually I sold my Deus.

Recently bought the ORX with the same HF coil I had before. It feels, looks, sounds and acts like a Deus except for the 3 tone operation. I have had really good success with it coin and jewelry hunting since the HF coil is fully supported on the ORX and it has ID normalization. So surface to 4" deep coins read correctly and so do trash targets and jewelry. Like I said, I have really bad mineralized dirt so you guys may get deeper good target IDs. With the 11" or 13" X35 coil, ORX depth should be even better. I really like the BIG target ID display and the new BIG iron probability bar. I could see a person using the Fast and Deep programs on the ORX which are imported from the Deus for most normal coin, jewelry and relic detecting. They work for me. They will work just about anywhere and there is a salt mode for them so you can beach hunt or hunt in high mineralization. The two gold prospecting programs should also work well for beach and deep relic hunting. The only things I really miss from the Deus are the audio response settings and of course all of the incredible audio adjustments. I guess you can now do those adjustments with 5.2 software on the WS4 controller. I would need a large magnifying glass to see that display however. So far I really like the ORX and it sounds just like a Deus in 3 tone mode which is how I used my Deus with the original LF coil most of the time. Most important for me, the two gold prospecting programs have the same detecting capabilities as the Deus in my testing.

Jeff
I found the same issue with the HF 9" coil I really liked the LF 9' for coins found a ton of silver with it!

As a coin shooter and relic hunter on the easterly side of the country I went with the Deus with both 9 and 11X13 coils a little over a month ago. This is the first machine I have ever bought that truly lives up to the claim of bringing tired sites back to life (to within reason of course). Can't recommend one enough and wish I'd bought one years ago instead of the others that now gather dust in a corner. My finds this year have increased considerably in both quantity and quality.

I am a little confused about the ORX and normalizing. I don't have one but do have a Deus. The Orx manual (online) does not mention any normalize setting, but, it MAY have it normalized as standard using the HF coils with no setting required.

Can anyone clear with this for me?

Hi Architex

According to XP (question and answer site at XP ORX website) ID normalization is always ON so no need for an on/off setting on the ORX. Like I said in my post above, ID normalization is definitely working correctly on my ORX.

Jeff

And that's just for HF coils? Or does it normalize for X35 also?

Thanks for the reply.

X35 and HF coils are ID normalized by default on the ORX

Jeff

Been reading everyone's posts on here..i got a question for the orx owners..I saw calabashs videos and the visual ID read 90s for everything but then again he said the coins were over a foot deep..so they upaveraged...my question is, do coins in the 6 to 8 range all read high and get lumped together too?

The only detector I have that can accurately I’d a coin sized target deeper than 6” in my bad dirt is the Equinox. My Orx can go about 5” deep with the 9x5 HF coil on low to mid conductors before the high mineralization takes over and skews the numbers. That will probably happen at deeper levels in sand and milder dirt. That is not related to ID normalization. ID normalization is needed on detectors with selectable multi frequencies so that target ID responses will be close to the same at all frequency levels

Calabash’s targets are really deep in very mild soil. Many of them are high conductors too. He did not comment on how high the deep 3-ringer rang up but I noticed it like you. I’m chalking that high number up to detecting a target at the extreme limit that the coil can hit. Actually the fact that all of his really deep targets were detected with any kind of target ID is a plus. From my experience so far, if the ORX displays a high target ID with repeatable tones on a small deep target I need to dig it no matter what the numbers are. Often on small, deep targets (which are usually trash) I get tones but no numerical ID.

By the way, my depth results with my former Deus were roughly the same due to the same mineralization issues.
Jeff

If it ID'S in the 90's and has no iron grunt to it If you back off your coil from the target dig it. The ORX is a killer coin machine and picks through iron better than any machine I've hunted with. It has really brought my hunted out sites back to life. Its just a fun machine to use and its got a lot of power to it as far as depth. And it finds the goods.

88junior said:
If it ID'S in the 90's and has no iron grunt to it If you back off your coil from the target dig it. The ORX is a killer coin machine and picks through iron better than any machine I've hunted with. It has really brought my hunted out sites back to life. Its just a fun machine to use and its got a lot of power to it as far as depth. And it finds the goods.

Thanks for the info..How does it handle modern trash?

Shallow trash quite well once you learn the VDI numbers.

Ive been using the deus park and relic hunting with full tones pretty much since I first got one like 4.5 yrs ago or so. Since getting the ORX and not being use to the 3 tone has been a bit of a challenge for me. I will say that the 3 tones has pretty detailed audio. Once you learn it will be pretty easy to park hunt with. Tuff Tuff decision on this one. I think I would have to go with the ORX just cause having the remote is gonna let you ID the trash targets and be more of an advantage. Either that or I would find a deus package with a LF coil and just use that till you can grab a x35. Don't count out the LF coil machines. I still use mine and love them tuned to the 5.2V. Also the ORX is just a nice fun simple machine to just grab and go and it capable of tackling anything. Good luck be interesting to hear what you decide to go with and why.

i think I’m gonna hafto make a decision by tomorrow morning..I like what I see in the orx,and also like what I see in the Deus lite...Full tones in Deus lite and three tones in orx..I’m ok with a 3 tone machine,,but from the video I see of orx it seems the mid and high tone are very close and I’d hate to keep looking at the visual ID ...And the disc,I’ve read a lot but cannot seem to find the break point in tones,numberwise betwen high and mid..

Medium and high tone are very different at least to me. Medium to high tone break is 75. So gold range, nickels and most coin sized aluminum trash/pulltabs fall below or at 75. Zincs are around 81 to 84 depending on depth.

If you get the Deus Lite, I would go with the X35 9 or 11" coil. ORX works great with the 9" HF or X35 coil.

Jeff