Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Outlaw en route!

DetectorOCD

I won it at a contest on another website. I am stoked! I hear it sounds like the Silver Umax's tone which was my favorite sound ever. I mostly land jewelry hunt and hit the deep sites on occasion :)

I just got one last week and I was out on Sunday. It is great, read up on it and watch 53silvers and Kaolinwashers videos on it. You will want a good set of headphones, I just ordered some Gray Ghost originals. I also got some other coils for it and that just makes it even better. Have fun

DetectorOCD,
Congrats on the win, you will enjoy the outlaw! It is a very capable machine. I just ordered a silver Umax for the quick park hunts and hoping the tones are close or better than the outlaw. I do enjoy the outlaws tones the best out of all the machines I have.

the ground balance really makes it better, and you may do well to avoid the no motion feature unless hunting relics, and then you have to have the ground balance just right or it will sound off if you lift it and its negative , or it will sound off if you lower the coil if its positive, just keep that in mind and when in no motion you may need to use the retune but its easear to use the threshold A.M as it give far more info and i would recommend the 7" wide scan and the 8" round for average ground 7" for mineralized that is its a nice detector

I am mostly a jewelry hunter and run my Compdare no higher than "N" in iron. I know we're talking ED180 vs ED120 so where should I set my disc at on the Outlaw to still get the small gold? "Min"?

Thanks!

you know what the best thing to do is get a small gold ring and bury it @4" and see how much you can use in fact if you can test several small gold rings and at least one white gold thats what i do . nice thing is the outlaw can find some very small things in disc, but its not really hyper like the VAQ like I say if i was going to a side line of any field I would grab the outl law no question about it .