Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New owner of a Surfmaster PI Plus

hibby

Today I became the owner of a very gently used Surfmaster PI Plus with weighted coil. This will be my first underwater detector so I will be doing a lot of learning. I already realize that a better choice could have been made for my "freshwater" hunting but budgetary reasons ($300) prevented me from going further at this time. I have lots of experience doing regular ground hunting (Radio Shack detector / Coinmaster / Eagle Spectrum / and now DFX). I will be picking up a scoop fairly soon as I currently don't have one. I do have a question though. I thought somewhere I had read that someone recommended putting vaseline on the O-Ring gasket to keep it swollen and supple. Can anyone attest to that?

Thanks much,

Chris

Go to a swimming pool supply store and get a tube of swimming pool spa and 0-ring lube. It is silicone based and works fine. I have (2) of the Whites PI's and I have found all of my gold and diamond rings with them. They are outstanding machines. Always rinse it off good with fresh water and enjoy!

Never put Vaseline on gaskets or rubber products! Vaseline is petroleum based and will degrade and soften those types of products.

The best thing is Silicone as this conditions and preserves (also helps to waterproof) rubber-based things. A good item I use is called Sil-Glyde lubricating compound, which you can get at auto supply stores and appliance type repair shops. This is now used on the gaskets of all my water machines and I find it to work very well.

Thanks!!!:thumbup:

I asked the same question when I purchased a Surf PI Pro and receive varied responses. Then I called Whites and they said don't put anything on it. Just keep it clean and you shouldn't have any problems.

[size=medium]I just bought a new one as I bought my Surfmaster used also although excellent condition. Only problem was $10.00 for shipping![/size]