Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Page: "Paleozoic Era Fossils At Mazourka Canyon, California"

Inyo

Just recently, I uploaded my latest fossils-related page: Paleozoic Era Fossils At Mazourka Canyon, California. Includes detailed text of a cyber-field trip to the region. Also, numerous images of fossils and on-site photographs.

At the page, I describe the remarkable assemblage of Ordovician, Silurian, and early Devonian Period fossil specimens (approximately 485 to 415 million years old) present within the Mazourka Canyon geographic corridor (a major drainage tributary of the mountain range which guards the eastern side of Owens Valley, situated in immediate proximity to the eastern flanks of the Sierra Nevada)--a plentiful and surprisingly well-preserved accumulation of Paleozoic Era invertebrate animal remains that includes (but is not limited to, of course) brachiopods, bryozoans, corals, echinoderms, graptolites, and trilobites. Stratigraphically speaking, this is the westernmost outcropping of the same series of world-famous fossil-bearing rocks whose most classically representative correlative geologic time-equivalent exposures occur in the Great Basin wilds of central to eastern Nevada and western Utah, stretching hundreds of miles farther east.