Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New park finds

I went to my local park yesterday with my Equinox 800 and have a couple finds that I could use some help with.
The first is a coin slightly smaller than a dime that I don't have a clue on the denomination or country of orgin. It was reading about 18 on VID .

The second is a cross which is about 1 3/8" tall, looks very gold, and has AAJ 10K stamped on the clasp. No markings on the cross itself.
I'm no expert on gold since I haven't found much. The cross doesn't seem that heavy, but I don't have anything to compare to. I was thinking it may be gold filled, but I don't know if the clasp marking could tell anything. I thought I found another zinc penny with the VID 21-22.
Any help would be appreciated. 20220128_083251.jpg20220128_083321.jpg20220128_083809.jpg20220128_083957.jpg20220128_083835.jpg

Nice finds!!!! 10k is 41% gold minimum and I suspect the AAJ is the jewelry maker/designer. Hard to see the exact lettering on the coin but thinking Egyptian or Greek or Turkish or similar. If your finding those little treasures in one hunt I would keep at it as I bet there are more!!!

Attachments

• 572C63FA-A5E5-4988-86B8-60B837AF66B8.png
    572C63FA-A5E5-4988-86B8-60B837AF66B8.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 75
I went to my local park yesterday with my Equinox 800 and have a couple finds that I could use some help with.
The first is a coin slightly smaller than a dime that I don't have a clue on the denomination or country of orgin. It was reading about 18 on VID .

The second is a cross which is about 1 3/8" tall, looks very gold, and has AAJ 10K stamped on the clasp. No markings on the cross itself.
I'm no expert on gold since I haven't found much. The cross doesn't seem that heavy, but I don't have anything to compare to. I was thinking it may be gold filled, but I don't know if the clasp marking could tell anything. I thought I found another zinc penny with the VID 21-22.
Any help would be appreciated.View attachment 22777View attachment 22778View attachment 22779View attachment 22781View attachment 22782
Nice finds
Congratulations

Draco, you got it right that that coin was from Thailand. I started doing some searching on line because I wanted to know what 1 Baht was wourth in U.S.
As I looked at 1 Baht coins, none of them, along with your images were exactly the same as my find. It took me awhile, but I finally found a coin that looked exactly as mine on front and rear. This coin is a 10 Satang, which is 1/10 of a Baht. The value of a Baht in US is $.03. This coin isn't worth much unless it is rare.My find front.jpgMy find rear.jpgFront.jpgReverse.jpg

Draco, you got it right that that coin was from Thailand. I started doing some searching on line because I wanted to know what 1 Baht was wourth in U.S.
As I looked at 1 Baht coins, none of them, along with your images were exactly the same as my find. It took me awhile, but I finally found a coin that looked exactly as mine on front and rear. This coin is a 10 Satang, which is 1/10 of a Baht. The value of a Baht in US is $.03. This coin isn't worth much unless it is rare.View attachment 22810View attachment 22811View attachment 22812View attachment 22813
ooh!! It's true, I didn't notice the reverse. I'll be getting old... :ROFLMAO: