Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Park

Waterbug

I drive past this park(built around 2000 in a new subdivision) two to four times a week,but hardly see many people there.For the past two years I have said to myself'"Stop and detect it one day." Yesterday I spent an hour wandering around it to see what had been lost.I dug 21 coins and detected many that I didn't have time to dig.Today I went back and detected mainly around the basketball court,digging only the signals in the 80s.Dug 15 quarters and 2 dimes in a little over an hour.Skipped digging many other signals.It looks as though no one has detected this park.I will now go back when I have time and do a total search and recover operation.
On my way home,I stopped at WM to pick up something for lunch and found a nice 1964 silver quarter in the Coin Star machine

There is a local recreation complex about 4 miles from my house that I did not think that it would be worth my time to detect as it is relatively new. In the past few years that park has been my go to place for a quick clad digging fix. A few dollars in clad has always been available to help control the itch to dig. Finally it has become a hard place to find a couple of dollars in clad. Others have found my honey hole.

Dig that park all you can while the digging is good.

Congratulations on the Washington. I have had no luck at all with coin counting machines.

Waterbug said:
I drive past this park(built around 2000 in a new subdivision)...........It looks as though no one has detected this park....

If the park was blt. only 19-ish years ago, then you're probably right : No one has detected it before. Most hunters detest clad, and gravitate to the older parks, in their quest for old coins.

There could be an argument made that people would hit modern parks for jewelry. But in my humble opinion, if jewelry is someone's objective, then their time is better spent at swim beaches. Thus yes, modern parks tend to skipped by most all md'rs.

I have found some nice jewelry (rings mostly) in volleyball courts including a gold watch that was given to a player for winning a basketball championship.
To me,found money is money I didn't have before, no matter where I may find it..Some people do not like to dig or pick-up 1¢ coins.1+1+1+1 etc adds up to $.I wouldn't have a 1/2 gal jar of wheat pennies if I hadn't dug them.

I have found some nice jewelry (rings mostly) in volleyball courts including a gold watch that was given to a player for winning a basketball championship.
To me,found money is money I did not have before.Some people do not like to dig or pick-up 1¢ coins.1+1+1+1 etc adds up to $.I wouldn't have a 1/2 gal jar of wheat pennies if I hadn't dug them.

I'm not a clad Hunter so I like hunting older parks for deep silver and even the woods for silver but if your a clad Hunter new parks would be great. As long as your enjoying your time detecting that's all that really matters, that's where the real treasure is not in the finds. When I find a silver coin you would think I just won the lottery by the way I act but it's really not worth that much if you cash them in.

I love finding silver although it's been awhile. Actually I think I get more excited finding an old Indian head.