Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Precision 7" Coil?

HaroldILL.

Anyone using the New Precision 7 Coil on a Older 5 Pin unit? If so what You think?
I heard this was a Updated Shadow x2 Super 7 Coil Basicly? Thanks.

I tried the 8" and 6" Concentric coils on the Mojave, and worked the new 7" coil on my original Bandido, Bandido II [size=small]micro[/size]MAX and Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX units. I used them for traditional Coin & Jewelry Hunting in all the typical urban environments, as well as close to metal fences and structures in playgrounds and building tear-down sites. They also were worked in a few non-urban Relic Hunting sites, both ghost towns and old encampment and recreations sites.

After a bunch of coil and lower-rod swapping at many different evaluation sites, I came to the following conclusions:

[size=small]►[/size] If, [size=small](and this really doesn't fit me)[/size] I was limited to ONLY one Tesoro and ONLY one search coil, it would be a general-use Tesoro model [size=small](5-pin)[/size] and my choice would probably be their new 'Precision' 7 Inch Concentric coil.

[size=small]►[/size] I like the 'feel' of the new 7" coil better than the 8" round 'donut' coil, and the 7" Concentric provided very close/similar depth and performance as the 8" coil.

[size=small]►[/size] In the end, I decided to keep two spare search coils on lower rods: I have the 8X11 DD for my 4-pin Vaquero, and a white-colored 8" donut for my 'general-purpose' 5-pin models for hunting more open sites with limited trash where I can use more coverage and slightly better depth of detection. Always mounted for grab-and-go readiness I keep a 6" Concentric coil on my Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, and concluded I got the best useful performance from the new 'Precision' 7" Concentric on the Mojave.

Since I am not limited to just one Tesoro, I have the option of tailoring the best coil for general performance to each model and, after ample field time in a variety of sites, the 7" just seemed to be the ideal ticket for the also new Mojave.

Monte

Harold said:
Anyone using the New Precision 7 Coil on a Older 5 Pin unit? If so what You think?

I heard this was a Updated Shadow x2 Super 7 Coil Basicly? Thanks.

Said it from the start and all thought I was full of POOP

Same coil different Decal believe it or Not. Please don't try to tell me Tesoro improved it as its not possible to improve on Perfection. Not saying the Mojave is a revamped X2 because its not! Best coil Tesoro made is the Super 7, if it wasn't then why is it so hard to find and those that have it don't want to part with it . The Simple Shadow X2 is a Homerun in the Tesoro manufactured Detectors . They simply work and hit hard and ID well Of course this is JMHO

I still have done extensive testing on this.
I plan on do a direct comparison of these two coils. My try super 7 was rebuilt last year so it's a good specimen for testing.

I give a homerun to the older 7" inch Tesoro concentric coil it is up there next to the super 7 coil IMHO LOL I have a minty Super nine coil for the X2 that I have not used because I like my Tesoro 7" coil so much haven't tried the new 7 though, did try 5.75 new coil but found it a wee to small for my thinking

I still like using my older 7'' Concentric coil,great for trashy roman sites,but must admit of late my favourite combination is the NEL Snake coil on my UK version of the Vaquero (Laser Trident11 Extreme) which is basically on steroids and running @ 18khz rather then the lower 14khz and its a deadly combination on silver hammered coins including cut halves and quarters.

As the crops are still in full growth the detecting season here is basically just pasture,but the crops will be off very early this years as the weather has been very good,then deep ploughing and the cycle starts all over again lol

Well I went a head and ordered one.It should be here soon so I will let everyone know How I like it on The Golden.

I sent my Laser PowerMax 2 to Tesoro because of erratic behavior and sent the precision 7 inch coil to have the unit recalibrated...Should be a Kick Ass Detector.

umax said:
I sent my Laser PowerMax 2 to Tesoro because of erratic behavior and sent the precision 7 inch coil to have the unit recalibrated...Should be a Kick Ass Detector.

Did Tesoro service have any reluctance with servicing a Laser branded Tesoro? Just curious..

pinenut said:
umax said:

Did Tesoro service have any reluctance with servicing a Laser branded Tesoro? Just curious..

Why would Tesoro have any problems servicing a PowerMax2 ?? as they came out the same factory as every other Tesoro machine only difference being the destination ie Laser being shipped to the UK.We do have a main UK repair and service facility which we would normally use as shipping a detector back to the US for repairs would be a staggering amount over normal UK shipping,but of course i dont have a clue of the location of this forum member,if he lives in the US but has a UK machine then it would be logic too send it back to the folks who built it.

Only major grip that i have is that any Tesoro that is bought in the US subject to the detector being owned by the original buyer has a lifetime warranty the only costs that are mainly incurred are shipping costs,but if we buy a brand new Laser detector which came from the US factory we only have a 12 months or in some cases possibly 24 month warranty and once again that is for the original owner as well.

My Laser Trident 11 Extreme the warranty has expired and i have only had it 2 years,so if anything happened to it then i would incur repair costs.

Love that coil!!
Glad I sent it in. Needed work and they rebuilt/retuned it!!!

Well I got it and it Mixed the Tones on the Golden past 5".
The Goldens are very finicky with Tones. I know I could have sent it in with Detector for Calibration, But mine is so Hot with the 8" Brown donut decided to leave it alone. So that's why I sold it in Classified section.
Probably Be fine on a Single Tone Machine.