Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New procedures for download 4.1?

Bell-Two

It looks like the directions have changed saying that " Coil and Headphones must be on charge" has anyone done that when upgrading.

I did mine. What it really means is that all should be fully charged and turned on (when prompted to do so). Worked for me.

When you use the install it will prompt you about that.

I just followed the directions. It did ask for me to put my (I guess) dominate coil with the clip on charge. It picked my hf coils up without doing anything. My MI-6 was picked up without doing anything. After doing one pair of headphones, it asked if I had another. I did the other. Everything seems to be idiot-proof or I wouldn't have been able to do it..............No old added personal programs. Just the factory presets. It has the new ground sensitivity screen. I even printed out a new manual. It doesn't seem to have changed much except for the ground sensitivity.

Alright,
Folks updating and possessing HF coils refer to the last page at bottom of this link.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction%20manual/SUMMARY_MANUAL_DEUS_V4_V4.1_UK.pdf

To answer some questions here.

If you possess multiple coils and headphone modules.

You can update all at one final swoop.

How to do.

Load all your coils into one remote.

After downloading update.
Follow instructions.
Make sure all your head phone modules are turned off when starting.

Then follow instructions, Your different coils need to be in same area as your remote and computer are.
You will be able to monitor each coil (light) as each one is sensed and updates, your computer screen will show each coil,veing updated as well.

After coils get update, update then transitions to headphone updating.
Here is where you can make a vial mistake.
Follow the instructions to a tee.
You should only have one headset module turned on at any one time (per instructions).
For owners of multiple headphone modules, you will be asked during update process if you have additional headset mode. Just a wer accordingly and follow instructions. The instructions are very clear now.

After you are done you'll have everything updated this needs to be but whichever remotes you haven't updated.

So then hook up your remote(s) that still need to be updated.

Now when updating these remotes, any coils they have listed the update will try and update.
I recommend deleting all your coils except for one, then hook up remote and update.
Seems dialing all zeros in for coil ID and confirming will get rid of a coil in your remote.
You can add them back later, no problem.

HF coils need no update with 4.1 and will not be picked up when you are hooked to to a remote with an HF coil listed by serial number.

I have successfully updated all 3 of my units and 4 LF coils.

Any idea why it installs to a BETA folder?

Deus-_Update.jpg

Headphones still have to be on for them to receive a coil change. If they are not on, you have to scroll to the coil number and press menu to enter. No problem then. It accepts it right off. Not fusing, just letting people know.

Please do not turn your headphones on before the update or you will be in big trouble.
They can be charged while switched off.
You cannot update the headphones only, you must have an RC to update.