Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Property

daddyflea

I am excited just got new property to hunt. This is an old House not sure how old but guessing from late 30s to early 40s. Not a real big thing but this is a corner lot straight across from the school grounds, where the Fair was held for many many years. In addition this yard was and is kept in immaculate condition.

mike5853 said:
Nice! Post those finds for us!

So far very disappointing. About 2.00 in clad is about it. This place has some sort of broke off tabs that are bringing up a VDI of 62. I got most of the really sensative areas to digging hunted, just before a big rain. I will be able to really dig in the rest of it. Has an old Clothes line as well.

Well still nothing other than a Wheat Penny today. Spent most of my time digging really deep holes. I changed to the 5 Band Pass filter and it does go deep, but it is just too slow. I went back to the 10 and put my Sensativity on 14. Covering much more ground now with less chattering.

daddyflea said:
Well still nothing other than a Wheat Penny today. Spent most of my time digging really deep holes. I changed to the 5 Band Pass filter and it does go deep, but it is just too slow. I went back to the 10 and put my Sensativity on 14. Covering much more ground now with less chattering.

I just got the V3i Saturday, I didn't realize the filtering effected the swing speed, Thanks for the tip.

Wheat Penny was a 1941D

There has to be some goodies there (MAYBE) :detecting: I went out yesterday for about 5 hours and all i cam up with was pull tabs and tin cans the VDI# WENT FROM 17to26 all day had a few 68s lower 70s but all and all yesterday was a dud going to hit the Tot lot today along with the school maybe i will find something there ...HH

A wheat penny always means to me it is possible to find some silver. It might only be one in the yard but it is possible. I hunted a yard 2 times for 8 hours total and when I was
about to give up I hit a VDI of 88 and I pulled out a 1945 walking half dollar. Only old find in the yard. Worth the 8 hours of hunt.