Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Racer 2 coils photos & dimensions

Des D

Including coil covers:

The New Racer 2 standard coil is smaller IN WIDTH across the middle than the Red Racer's standard coil by about a quarter inch
It's weight is about 22 ounces

The New Racer 2 "small round coil" is larger by approximately a half an inch and is perfectly round.
It is also 'taller' in size by a few milimetres
It's weight is approximately 13.75 ounces
It looks really sharp now and feels much better

The old standard weighed in approx 19 ounces
The old small coil weighed in approx 11.75 ounces

There are 2 major differences between the new Racer 2 coil and the older Red's coil

1. The 'Formula 1' shaped hood is gone from the top of the new coil
2. The cross struts are wider and stronger
3. The finish is 'mottled' like other brand coils

The differences between the 2 small coils is, (1) the newer one is wider (2) taller (3) smooth on top instead of the mottled finish
It's now really "chunky" and feels more solid and overall better finished than the 'OOR'

I Hope this helps

Des D

I like the looks of the newer coil. The ears look to be a tad thicker also. Does it have the velcro ties?

I bet the new small coil is just a tad deeper looks like some good improvements

What about the 5x10 that is all I hunt with?

Interesting post. I guess we'll all be interested to learn if there's an performance gain from the new coil designs?

HH,
Brian