Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New s-12 intruder, first two runs

OBX Franz

I tried my new Sunray s12 out last night and today after work. It's a big switch from the 10" Tornado. Feels a lot lighter, and the bigger coverage is going to take some getting used to. I haven't had an opportunity to really try it out (only put in a little over an hour, both hunts combined) and haven't been able to hunt any good areas yet. One thing I have found is that it pinpoints just like the tornado, very easy. I think I'm going to like this coil, feels like a whole new gt with it on!

If you use it in water you will notice how easy it glides through it because it is so thin and lite i took my cover off and sprayed it 3 times with a bed liner even makes it lighter . S-12 is my second best beach coil . GL Jim

Your gonna like that coil, its as sensitive to small gold as any Sov coil Ive ever tried. I pulled out all my Sov coils awhile back and tried them all on small gold jewelry and found the S12, S8, S5, 12X10SEF and both minelab tornado coils to be equally sensitive to smaller gold. The 8" coinsearch and WOT were just a little less sensitive. I had already sold off the Joey coil so I didnt get to compare it. I did this with the same Sov box since the performance can vary a little from box to box as well as coil to coil.

Jim what is your #1 favorite beach coil?