Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Safari........Yep, gotta Question:minelab:

bigolhorns

I've had my Safari about a month. It's my first Minelab, WOW:yikes: I'm impressed. My question is about manual sensitivity. I have red several posts about users setting it at 15-18. So far I'm not finding any spots where I can set it much over ten without low tone falsing. Lots of times I'm down in the 6-7 range even after noise cancel. Even so it's still deeper than anything else I have used. Do you think this is normal for this northwest Oregon ground? Thanks!!

bigolhorns,

I just started experimenting with manual sensitivity and last week I was able to get a stable machine at 16, but that was discriminating -10 to -7 so I would have missed all the lower tone falsing. At 17 or 18 I got lots of false signals in the plus numbers. I was in MD in what has been described as fairly mineralized soil near the Potomac River in a field littered with shotgun shells.

TomH

Try to keep sens. on 16 to 18 and discriminate -10 to -5 on coin mode. Then it hits twice as deep as on auto.

Thanks for the tips! If I set the sensitivity much above 9 or 10 and discriminate out -10 thru -5 then I have constant nulling of the threshold tone. Are you running with no threshold hum??

If you have constant nulling after discriminating there must be a lot of iron in the areas your swinging. It nulls when you pass over metal you have scrimmed out. I run in a custom coin mode with sens at 15 and threshold at 15 and when I swing over cellar holes which typically have a ton of iron trash around them I get quite a bit of nulling as well, I swing slower to get the goodies. My machine is pretty stable in this mode, I experience some chatting /falsing but you'll figure out fairly quickly which signals to dig. Also always remember to do a noise cancel from time to time in the areas you're detecting.

I'm pretty sure this is low tone falsing. If I use auto sensitivity it doesn't null. Also if I set the sensitivity manually as shown in the MLO video it will run without nulling. Sensitivity then is around 9 or 10. I get none of the "typical" detector high tone falsing/chatter at 15 or 16 but the machine is constantly nulled if I have rejected -10. If -10 is accepted then I get constant
-10 hits. My other machines don't show any iron and I can run them almost wide open in the spots I'm referring to.