Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Safari

ARAWORN

Hi everyone! New Safari owner here. Started with a Whites Coinmaster Gt, got hooked on the hobby so I upgraded to. Whites MXT Pro, gave the GT to dad. I also own a Whites BHID 300, and till recently Whites Surf Dual Field PI which I sold to buy a used but excellent condition Safari. Took the Safari out for maybe an hour and got one memorial cent, however I was already aware it was a tough location, as well I was just trying to get used to the Safari and its tones. Much different from my Whites machines. So anyway I spent much time reading this forum prior to buying the. Safari as I was also considering an XP Deus at the time but this forum convinced me otherwise. I have
seen mentioned numerous times Andy's book
for Quattro/ Safari but with little luck in
locating one. I have even emailed Andy's
website to see if there are any for sale but have
not yet recieved any response, as I'm sure he i
a busy man. However Im psyched to learn as
much as I can, as soon as possible and so was
inquiring if anyone has one they're willing to
sell? Since I don't have enough posts yet to PM,
my email is Dubuque85@aol.com if someone does. Thanks looking forward to posting some finds.

Take your time learning the Safari, it is a beast coming from a Whites. Dig everything 30-39, 39=Silver most of the time... Trust yours ears over the readout, if it sounds good dig it to learn what it is. I have had mine for a year and it seams you can tell the shape of the object by the sound it makes. Coins sound smooth where junk has a broken sound. Swing slow, it seems the Safari takes time to tell you what the object is. For me I think since it runs in many frequencies, up to 28, some of the frequencies seem to like the object but then the others don't. So that's why it seems you get a short good sound but then it breaks up and sounds junkie...

Still learning after a years but have found more silver in a year than I ever had. Looking forward for the ground to thaw here in Wisconsin to get back out.. Need anything feel free to message me. Good hunting....

Thanks for the advice. Two weeks after I got my MXT I found my first and so far only gold ring 22k. Hoping the Safari will do better,plus I'm really looking forward to finding some old silver.

Have had mine for a year now. Took winter off and now back at it. And things are really starting to click in. All of the sudden the sounds are making more sense. My good finds are really starting to pick up. Especially the older coins. Just don't get frustrated at first, be patient. And eventually it will come to you.. Of course do a test garden and try and learn the sounds of the coins. For some reason I can almost always tell when I have a nickel. One thing I am still lacking is gold. I need to find some so I can do a test garden with it:bouncy:

The Safari Tone ID Takes a Little time getting use to...... just give it a little time.......The Safari is like any other detector for Jewelry Hunting you must dig all repeatable targets above iron to find all The Jewelry Loot ! :thumbup: