Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Sand Shark is Ready to Hunt!

Terry Soloman

Got my new Sand Shark with the 8" coil today from Rusty in Prescott. Wow! It is assembled and air tested. I hope to have it on the Atlantic within the week. I am pretty excited. - Terry

You're gonna love that machine. I bought mine 3 years ago, when I first got into detecting. Went through a phase when I thought it wasn't high tech enough, and bought a White's DF. Used the DF and my Sovereign XS2A on the beach last summer but I always missed the lightness and simplicity of the Shark. And the Shark's 3 piece shaft and waterproof connectors made it easy to carry in a motorcycle saddlebag. Parking is much less of a hassle on a bike. And looking back, most of the gold I've found has been with the Shark. Sooo, I sold the DF, relegated the XS to land hunting, and will be swing the Shark exclusively at the beach.

Thank you both very much. I have been experimenting with the settings, and changed the tone to a higher one for my threshold. I seem to hear the little whispers at 12-14" on my air tests better than at the factory preset. Also playing with the Pulse Width. Any hints Dave? - Terry

Terry Soloman said:
Thank you both very much. I have been experimenting with the settings, and changed the tone to a higher one for my threshold. I seem to hear the little whispers at 12-14" on my air tests better than at the factory preset. Also playing with the Pulse Width. Any hints Dave? - Terry

Run the pulse as high as a smooth, chatter free threshold will allow.

Hey Terry, wonder if the sandshark has any use in the desert ??

JimGilmore said:
Hey Terry, wonder if the sandshark has any use in the desert ??

I'm going to find out in the Fall Jim! I'll be taking it to Stanton, and the Bradshaws to shoot a while. Should be interesting. I think there may be a gold PI unit in the works in the secret labs in Prescott, but I get nothing but smiles and winks when I ask about it - imagine that! - Terry

Finally got the new Sand Shark onto the beach and in the water today, and I was blown away! My very first target sang out like an Opera Star. I put the 8" scoop in and nope, still down there. Scooped again, STILL down there! My first target was 17" deep and screamed! Yep, a pull tab. I am loving this Sand Shark, gotta get a bigger scoop, but I am loving this Tesoro! - Terry
[attachment 196308 TSBSS1.jpg]
[attachment 196309 TSBSS2.jpg]