Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Scorpion Owner

Dig'em All

Let me say hello and itroduce myself.

My name is Scott and I am in Ohio. I have always wanted to metal detect since I was little because I would see the guy down the street with his big blue box, this was back in the early 1970's, getting all that lost treasure. I have had my Scorpion since June, 2010. It was my first detector and boy did I get upset at first so I understand the reviews that say it is not for the newbie. So out I went to the front and back yard, NAILS and no life changing treasuer. But what I did learn was the power of the Scorpion some of the nails where down around fourteen inch. So I went out I got the Ace 250, you could say I did it backwards. More luck with the Ace 250 and it has helped me understand the Scorpion a little better and when I want to do something I do not turn back. So now I have two Garrett's and love to use them so I take both of them out and try to give each one time to work. I have found some silver dimes, one silver quarter and some moderen change. The life changing treasure that has happend to me is that I am in the great outdoors once more from a long time indoors and that if I get one dime, one penny and two big hand fulls of trash at least I am doing something good for the world that at times I take for granted. For all you detector men and women out working your detectors I hope the best in all your finds! Yours always Dig'em All

Welcome to the forum!:wave:This is a wonderful community and a great place to share info!:garrett::detecting:You've got a couple of great machines there! That Ace 250 is a coin magnet! That Scorps a good coin hunter, too! It's also great for relic hunting! As you can see from John's posts, it hits hard on rings as well. I hope you get a chance to use it in gold country to find some nuggets! That what it is designed for. Glad to see that you're enjoying the great outdoors. My wife and I have made some pretty good finds metal detecting over the years, but the best treasure is indeed just enjoying the great outdoors.
Happy Hunting!:)

Thank you for your comments metalhead. I am a member of the GPAA and we do have some claims here in Ohio. I like the TR mode on the Scorpion. I can take my black sand concentrates run them under my Scorpion coil while in the TR mode to see if I have gold in them. The gold in the black sand is so fine you have a hard time seeing it in a green pan, can be seen in a black pan better. I hope to get out to New Mexico or Colorado with the Scorpion some day soon. I will be going to one of the claims here in Ohio this weekend and run it along some of those black sand ribons that I have seen and worked in the past. I will let you all know how it went when I get back.