Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW SCREENS FOR OUT DATED EXPLORERS

braveheart1954

I bought a new screen last year for my ExploreXS from Tony Hunt In England for $75.00! My 14 year old detector is working like brand new! Get hold of Tony at TonyHunt123@gmail.com good luck!

Correct me if I'm wrong; however, I think you bought a new screen shield and control buttons, not the screen itself.

Thanks for the correction Bavard. I guess your right. I haven't heard it called a screen shield before, I've known it as controls screen or controls pad. It's easy to replace. Your take the 4 screws ouy and the whole front screen releases from the front of the control box. Then you peel the screen shield from the screen and disconnect the circuit board plug and remove the old screen. Then remove the paper from the adhesive from the new one and press it in place where the old one was and reconnect the plug and screw it back together. Finished! There is a Youtube video showing how to do this. If your detector shuts off on it's own,turns on on it's own,light goes out,turns off and then will start up 1/2 hr. later, runs erratically with a known good coil and after having a re-boot and was not water damaged or from heat being kept in a hot car trunk causing internal damage a new screen cover will 95% chance of fixing the problem!.... $75 is a cheap amount to gamble on to fix a $1000 detector!